~*Cash Crisis*~ v A&L (Scotland)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well that's me just completed my S.A.R letter and will post it rec delivery in the morning.

I took the liberty to add in my sort code from the template I used from this forum, is this ok?

I also put one of the forum stickers on the envelope, I nice touch I reckon! ;)

SAR.jpg

I phoned customer services 4-5 times during my wait (appox 30 days) partly to keep on top of them and also to eek out some info on how they were processing S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s.........it was enlightening to say the least. I was always polite but 3 out of the 6 (all girls) did not know what a SAR really was, another one was so sure it was £5 per statement that she had me thinking :). One I remember being able to put me through to a manager who knew exactly what to do (he sent an email on the Thurs to the correct colleague) and I had my statements by the Sat...........I felt better after mostly all of the calls as I was slowly learning how they work . Phoning may not work for you but it certainly shaved a 5-10 off my wait.

ps I think your thread title is brill.

I'm reluctant to speak to them over the telephone, even at this early stage!

When they eventually do call my home,I'll listen to what they have to say then request that any further correspondence is to be written by letter only!

I guess I just don't trust'em!

• 1 month later...

Still no S.A.R received yet, deadline is next Wednesday 24th!

I got my credit reference file yesterday and I see the cheeky beggars added a default to it! I know there's a letter in the template library I will use to demand removal of this when claiming back the bank charges.

I still owe A & L money according to the credit file so i'm expecting a battle ahead with them!

Does anyone know what their phone number is as I wish to phone them up and remind them of the S.A.R. deadline?

That's all for now, Thanks, Kev.

Just off the telephone to A&L regarding my S.A.R. and when should I expect it to be delivered to my address?

Nice woman on the phone states that nothing is showing up on her computer but promised that she'd contact the appropriate department to chase them up!

Only 2 days left until deadline! Or should I give them until the end of the week?

Well my S.A.R safely arrived today(2 days late)!

I'm stunned to see how much all the penalty charges added up to.

The charges come under different names and I'm not sure if I can claim them all?

One failed cheque charge,£34.

One failed bill payment charge,£34

Twelve failed direct debit charges,(Three at £30,Nine at £34)Total,£396.

Sixteen paid item charges,£25 Total,£400

Twelve unauthorized over draft charges,£25 Total £300.

A grand total of £1,164.00

I'm in a difficult situation here as their legal dept are hounding me for £1,800.

I'm currently going through the process of having a trust deed set up to manage my debts, and they were included in it!

Anyway,It's off down the summery cause court route for me as the charges exceed the £750 limit!