Checkatrade and Shoosmiths - been trying to cancel since sept 21, stopped DD, now shoosmiths letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My husband has an issue with Checkatrade. Since September 21 we have been sending emails (8) and calling them to inform them that we would be cancelling our direct debit as their business model is nothing like what we were sold. We never signed any agreement with CAT.

We then were told that we were on auto renew which we never signed up for! So in January I called & emailed them again and said enough is enough I am cancelling DD. Again no response.

Once DD cancelled I then get emails demanding money! I again spoke with them and emailed them no response. A member of their team called on Friday of last week and said they would call back on Monday which is today, however we have just received a letter from Shoosmiths solicitors who have been past the so called debt.

We are not the only one that are having this issue with CAT ... 

I want to defend this claim as it is total nonsence has anyone had any dealings with Shoosmiths any advice where to go from here?

Are shoosmiths acting in a capacity where if they were to issue a claim - Would they be suing a business or suing an individual?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

fkofilee

It would be eeerrrm directed at the company I think ? As advertising was for a business

They are jokers they really are!

The email address for correspondance is checkatrade@shoosmiths.co.uk  so they have a whole department that are trying to take advantage of traders

No no - That email will be one of many email addresses they have for correspondence, likely to the same team of CS Reps or "Paralegals" - Term used loosely here. 

To who is the letter / email made out etc? 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The letter from Shoosmiths is addressed to My husbands name followed by T/A

I have to get something over to them tonight to delay this as I am having a hip replacement tomorrow and will not be able to deal with this further for a couple of weeks or more

Edited by onestressedwoman

No you do not

will you stop ringing fleecers!! How many more times

so failed advertising 

As long as he did not sign a personal guarantee stuff em!! Ignore!!

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Checkatrade and Shoosmiths - been trying to cancel since sept 21, stopped DD, now shoosmiths letters

DX

Shoosmiths conduct with other traders has been underhand, sent court docs to wrong addresses and won claims by default .

It's not only failed advertising CAT are re directing companies enquiries to other traders,

they have removed all direct contact details, you don't have to have any insurances to advertise with them anymore.

Anyone can leave reviews even if you have never done work for them this list goes on and on.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Shoo can't issue claim forms alone, only their client can through shoo's 

If people are stupid enough not to inform a debt owner they've moved or ensure a correct address on a debt, that's their fault .

Without  a signed personal guarantee they can't do anything.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...