Curry's Purchase - DPD lost my parcel.

DziiRe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sad to see so many posts with similar issues as me! Long story short, I purchased a smart watch for £150 on Saturday night with next day delivery. Shortly after it dispatched I opted in to leave the product in a "safe space" if I wasn't in due to me going out in the morning, I wrote for the courier to leave the product in the rear porch, through a cat flap knowing the product would be small enough to fit. Come 1pm on the 20th, I get home and notice an email saying my delivery was here, checking the porch there was nothing to be seen. After opening the email I can see an attached image of my product in the general waste bin! Not only should that be frowned upon for obvious reasons, we're currently experiencing 50mph winds with wheelie bins acting like kites. Because of this I had laid my bins down in the driveway to prevent them flying into the neighbours, which leads me to my next point of the bin not even being mine. I have no idea what address he has delivered it to and I did not have a note posted through the door, for all I know it could be a city over... 

I instantly got on a call with Currys indian support (ironic) and was told I now have to wait 14 days for an investigation to occur. I have been fortunate enough for this to never happen before, especially on expensive products and was wondering if I should do anything else on my side or twiddle my thumbs and wait for DPD to "resolve" it?

I used PayPal for the transaction if that matters.

Thank you!

Sad to see so many posts with similar issues as me!

Long story short, I purchased a smart watch for £150 on Saturday night with next day delivery.

Shortly after it dispatched I opted in to leave the product in a "safe space" if I wasn't in due to me going out in the morning, I wrote for the courier to leave the product in the rear porch, through a cat flap knowing the product would be small enough to fit.

Come 1pm on the 20th, I get home and notice an email saying my delivery was here, checking the porch there was nothing to be seen.

After opening the email I can see an attached image of my product in the general waste bin! Not only should that be frowned upon for obvious reasons, we're currently experiencing 50mph winds with wheelie bins acting like kites.

Because of this I had laid my bins down in the driveway to prevent them flying into the neighbours, which leads me to my next point of the bin not even being mine. I have no idea what address he has delivered it to and I did not have a note posted through the door, for all I know it could be a city over... 

I instantly got on a call with Currys indian support (ironic) and was told I now have to wait 14 days for an investigation to occur. I have been fortunate enough for this to never happen before, especially on expensive products and was wondering if I should do anything else on my side or twiddle my thumbs and wait for DPD to "resolve" it?

I used PayPal for the transaction if that matters.

Thank you!

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

If you had paid by credit card or by debit card, it would be much more straightforward. Paying by PayPal is the situation a bit more obscure but certainly you should begin by raising a PayPal dispute.
You need to understand though that this won't be resolved very quickly. Currys are a law unto themselves and routinely shirk from their obligations.

They are likely to come back to you and say that it was delivered. DPD will want more time to "investigate" and then will put we come back with the same answer.

It's clear that Currys are liable because they have a legal obligation to deliver the item and if you want to cut to the chase, you should send Currys a letter of claim immediately and given 14 days to refund your money we will start a legal action and without any further notice.

This seems to be a bit dramatic but frankly on the record of these people, I don't see any other way to go. If you are lucky the PayPal dispute may produce something but even that is likely to take time.

If you wait till the end of the so-called investigation and for it to produce a conclusion which rejects your claim you will then still have to issue a letter of claim and that will add a further 14 days.

If you issue a claim then you can count on 14 days for the letter of claim, either 14 days or 28 days for a defence to be filed – then to mediation – I suppose you're looking at four or five months at least before any chance of the problem being resolved.

Very pessimistic – but on the experience here, probably quite realistic.

If you want the smartwatch badly then by another if you have the money and this time use your credit card or debit card and then you stand a better chance of getting a chargeback from your bank.

Anyway, raise a PayPal dispute today but don't hold your breath and start taking the other action which I have suggested. Just because you send a letter of claim doesn't mean you have to follow through but at least you have got things going