Lowell and old BGAS Debt for time after we moved out - poss ID Fraud related

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone it's been a while since I've been on here

my partner has today received a letter from lowell and British gas in the same envelope saying he owes a four figure sum, the British gas letter details the dates this is from which worryingly match up with the time his identity was stolen!

We have had a British gas account at a previous address but that was definitely all paid and the dates don't match that account was in both our names and I've received nothing. 

The dates on the letter we have lived at this address with the mortgage and all bills in my name. There have been no previous letters or anything. 

I guess my question is twofold,

does he just send them a letter explaining its not his account or is there something better we should send?

And is there anything we need to do considering this fits in time frame wise with when his identity was stolen?

That was all dealt with at the time and there is nothing untoward on his credit file

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell and old BGAS Debt for time after we moved out - poss ID Fraud related