PCN issued by Wandsworth Council - for parking on an 'event day' (no signage saying which day it was) yet the contravention is code 12 - failing to display a valid ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I received a PCN from Wandsworth council on Sat 15th January. I had parked in a bay that only claimed to have restrictions Monday-Friday, not on weekends. However, below was a temporary sign attached by cable ties claiming you could only park for 1hr, with no return on 'event days'.

Upon parking my car I did look for any indication that the 15th January was an event day. No signage indicated this was the case. I returned to my vehicle 90mins later to discover a PCN on my windscreen. The Parking Officer was nearby, so I asked him why I had got one, when it clearly said I could park without paying. He informed me it was an 'event day' I asked what event? And how was I to know it was an event day? He told me there were signs in the train station. I could only laugh pointing at my car, do you think I drive through the station concourse to see the signs?? 

However, upon reading my PCN he appears to have claimed the grounds for my PCN were a code 12, which in Wandsworth means, "Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place without either clearly displaying a valid permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place, or without payment of the parking charge"

There is no mention of it being an event day. I assume that's because residents would be exempt from the event day restrictions.

Do you think I have a case on appeal for the above contravention being irrelevant to the event, or more on the lack of adequate signage. I could point out that both Islington & Hammersmith & Fulham are capable of putting dates on signage of upcoming events warning visiting drivers of them.

I have 14 days from the 15th to appeal. I would appreciate any advice, or even to be told I am wasting my time here.

Many thanks