Jacobs and DVLA no TAX fine - being unreasonable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, long story short, didn't tax a motorbike. Sold the bike and moved house. Totally forgot about it until I picked up letters from previous address, 

Debt ballooned to £390 for what should have been £30 a year tax. 

Found out about it and it had been to court and obviously then passed to Jacobs for enforcement. 

I found out about this in November, called them and was told no payment plan could be set up etc.. etc.. I didn't have means to pay it. I went onto their website and it let me set up a payment plan. It didn't stipulate an amount from what I remember but said maximum of 90 days. I paid  £100 in November £50 in December and £50 today. 

They then called today asking what should they do with the £50 they have received. I said well take it off my debt!

She said i do not have a payment plan in place yadda yadda yadda. I then asked where is the other money I sent and if i didn't have a payment plan in place then to send it back.

Obviously they can't do that

am I right in thinking that now I haven't paid back they could send enforcement and therefore costing me more money?

I'm paying what I can but they are not helping me at all!

Any advice please 

so who took you to court and where?

the DVLA for non payment of road tax, thats rare, as its only a summary offence.

is this jacobs bailiffs and you've had a notice of enforcement? or is this their powerless debt collection wing?

can you scan up all the letters/court stuff that was sent to your old address please to one mass PDF ?

read our upload guide carefully please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

urm..thats nothing to do with not taxing a vehicle via the DVLA...

thats for using a motor vehicle without a valid driving licence and is a serious offence and its a magistrates fine.

so whats the real story? you dont hold a valid licence ?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

AHH I do hold a valid licence and my job depends on it! It's valid and clean, has been for the last 10 years!

It says keep a vehicle without a valid vehicle licence, which I believe is tax?

You don't need a driving licence to keep a vehicle, right?

Edited by teeach

opps teach me to download your pdf and name it to one i already had.then read that old one..:pound:sorry

yes Its referring to the tax disc (Vehicle Excise Licence), and gets you fined + plus back tax

when did you sell the bike?

and have you proof of dealing with the V5C at the time?

looks like your buyer didnt re register it in their name and you didnt inform DVLA via the V5C bit yourself that you'd sold it?

and they

I sent it off when I sold it,  but I did not sorn it or tax it while it was in my possession and then missed the letters as I moved.

I have accepted that I will have to pay it, but, I  think they are trying to now send bailiffs and henx while the price even further? and to be told it couldn't be put on a payment plan when I initially callled but then did so  when I logged into the account online leads me to think they maybe a tad unethical ?

47 minutes ago, teeach said:

henx while the price even further?

???

so you never taxed it at all, where was it kept when you had it ?

the notice of enforcement, has it your present and correct address on it or your old address?

what about the magistrates fine too, what address? old or new?

usually a bailiff should not be charging the NOA fee of @£75 nor Visit enforcement fees (@£235) if the NOE address is not your current one

and they

No never taxed it. It was kept off road in my shed. Wasn't ridden on road by me (or anyone else) at all while in my possession. It was one of those things I forgot about while dealing with a house move. 

I have no qualms paying the amount but don't want them trying to send people out and therefore increasing the amount owed.

I'm not sure why the are being so aggressive with this. I said to them I agree I hadn't paid it within 90 days but have been paying what I can, which is not a token amount,

I have paid £200 so £193 is owed, until they send someone again and i'm back at the original amount. That along with them telling me a payment plan wasn't available just leads me to think they are being quite aggressive and unreasonable? 

I could probably pay this in full but does leave me quite venerable for any unexpected expenses, which are quite likely due to the nature of my profession.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

And my other questions? Please

and they

The magistrate letters would of had my old address. I told them I was no longer at that address but she said well whatever ever she is just going to progress it. 

Thanks for your help :)

but the NOE has your current and correct one?

dx

and they

Well dont run from debt esp stuff on your credit file else backdoor ccj's and more bailiffs are acomin!

to date the bailiffs have only charged the noe fee, so have done correct and so have you by paying via their 'portal'. Im not so sure that by them simply saying there must be an agreement in place is correct.

pers id pay it all and be damned

DX

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Jacobs and DVLA no TAX fine - being unreasonable