Safe to get credit score check?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

2022 is the year for me to try and sort my finances, so I was wondering about getting a credit score check done. 

I don't want to be a Tin Hatter about this but is there any risk of old debtors suddenly chasing me of I get a credit check? I've heard horror stories but never sure if they are true. 

Also which company is the best for a free check. 

Thanks in advance 

Where are you getting this stupid old wives tale from that you should not? And hide from Debt?

its far better to always update your debt owners in writing  if you moved unless you want backoor ccj s appearing.

any debt that you last used or paid within say 7yrs presents a serious risk of a backdoor ccj you'll know nothing about until you try and apply for credit or a mortgage.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm not hiding from any debt, I never said that at all? 

I've lived in my house for many years so any outstanding debt has my current contact details but some historic ones I haven't heard from in years. I just wondered if it is likely I will suddenly get an influx of chasing old debts if I get a credit score check done. 

It’s important that you actually do a free credit check so that you can correct any inaccuracies on your report 

It’s useful to check Experian 

Clear Score and Credit Karma as they take information from different sources (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) But don’t sign up for any paid for add on 

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

3 hours ago, DilysFiller said:

I'm not hiding from any debt, I never said that at all? 

I've lived in my house for many years so any outstanding debt has my current contact details

How long there is your answer

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can be certain checking your credit file will NOT alert any creditors, or DCA's they ain't that smart!

You can check them for free, DON'T get conned into paying £15 a month for YOUR information, at most pay £2 for a hard copy of your file from experian.

Clear score are good, unless you plan on making a major purchase or apply for work within certain  industries that require a credit check, then you would need to see what Experian and Equifax have on their systems.

It's always good to check and ensure that all of the information on there is accurate and up to date.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!