Bus driver refuses to help me by telling me which stop I need to get off at - a clear breach of the Equality Act 2010

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On a recent bus journey in England I suffered a horrible act of discrimination by the driver due to my being blind.

I have been deeply affected by it.  

I think the company might be willing to reach a financial agreement without going to court and I would like an indication of what might be a reasonable region of settlement particularly with respect to 'injury to feelings'. I appreciate that it would depend in part on the level of impact but I would welcome any pointers to an act of discrimination within travel, and the accessing of a service, rather than within employment where I have seen the Vento levels of settlement.

None of the major organisations connected with disability that I have approached  give legal advice but I would welcome knowledge of any organisation or firm of solicitors that have knowledge of the Equalities Act 2010  and can make an assessment of the incident, which actually means reading one email which sets out what happened.