3yr old oven needing repairing - ao.com

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, can you help me with this please - 

do i have rights still on a 3 year old cooker
- I have home insurance (100 excess) so never took extra insurance on it as always thought they were a scam.
The fans making a horrible noise when it goes round so need it checked.
Ive checked nothing is banging on it nor is anything stuck on it - its nice and clean too. 

Will I have to pay for this doing please?
Cheers

First of all you should know that we find that AO.com is one of the few decent, reputable and consumer-facing appliance retailers that we have come across. It is generally a good choice to purchase from them – even if you don't get sorted out on this one. They certainly have a much better track record than Currys for instance.

Under the consumer rights legislation you are entitled to purchase a cooker that is in satisfactory quality and which will remain in that condition for a reasonable period of time. What is "reasonable" is based on reasonable expectations of a reasonable consumer taking into account the nature of the item, price paid, and any claims made for it at the time that it was sold.

Tell us about the make, model, and price paid for the cooker.

I would have thought that whatever the case, three years is a bit short but on the other hand, you shouldn't expect a repair which would put it into a new condition. You had three years use out of it and so therefore whatever the length of the expected life of the cooker, you should deduct three years to reflect the good use which you have had from it so far.

So for instance, if the cooker cost you £500. If the reasonable life of the cooker was say, 10 years then you would have to deduct three years – 30%.

If the cost of repairing the cooker was £100 then the best you could hope for would be a contribution of £70 from the retailer.

thank you so much for your help 

the details are; 

Order placed: Saturday, 29 Dec 2018, 15:43

Order total:£605.00

Belling FSE608MFc Electric Cooker with Ceramic Hob - Stainless Steel - A/A Rated

thanks so much

I think you will have to do some research and find out what the life expectancy of this particular cooker was. You will also have to get an independent quotation for the repair work and then you will be to calculate how much you might reasonably expect AO.com to contribute to the repair.