A professional bill sent 4 years after work was done and paid for

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had a survey and valuation done by a respectable surveyors firm. We paid for it upfront, I think around £3,600 which is no small amount! 

Last week I received an email from a partner in that firm attaching a "pro forma" bill to be paid. I have not been able to open it as it is password protected. It went into my junk folder, I'm wondering if it is even genuine or possibly their account has been hacked. 

Is it even lawful for a firm to hold on to my information this long? Also why wasn't the partner's supposed fees incorporated into the main valuation?  Apart from a sales pitch over the phone before allowing them to do the valuation I cannot say that the partner actually did any work that merits a bill.  

I'm a bit of a coward in dealing with it, I'm half thinking if I ignore it maybe he will just give up. 

However, I really don't know what to do.

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

well if it's real they have 6yrs, but, you could well be right it could be a the result of a hacking event and not 'real'.

the clue to this might well be the email address it came from.

can you type that out for us?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

matthew@devarga.co.uk

This is the message, actually there's no sign off

Attached is your past due invoice which requires urgent payment. Kindly pay this invoice to avoid issues Thanks 

The other thing I noticed was when trying to send it to one of my neighbours, it kept bouncing back so maybe her account recognised it as spam/phishing 

Edited by kenwood
Tidying up

i would print the email and attach it to a Letter sent by royal mail, simply stating this was paid xx yrs ago during the property purchase process, please recheck your records.

that way if it is a hack or whatever ,  someone else will check things over.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi 

Hold on a sec they have admitted they were hacked so what you now need to know which is very relevant in this day and age is if those hackers have obtained any of your data.

This is a Data Protection Breach as they obtained your email address and what other Data and have they reported this Data Protection Breach to the Information Commissioners Office.

ICO.ORG.UK

Under the Data Protection Act, although there is no legal obligation on data controllers to report breaches of security, many choose to do so and we...

WWW.GOV.UK

The Data Protection Act (DPA) controls how personal information can be used and your rights to ask for information about yourself

• Like 3

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group