Lloyds Bank Credit Card - Deceased Customer

blackambermay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father died in October and we informed all that needed to know, one of which was Lloyds Bank. They assured us that all accounts were frozen including the credit card,

however we popped to my fathers house today to collect any mail and found this months credit card statement. They have sent a default notice and are still applying interest. I was of the understanding that interest is frozen so that Probate can be arranged to clear all debts.

How are they intending on enforcing the interest payment if one party of their agreement is deceased.

I can see that they have half acknowledged the information as the "Available to spend" reads Account closed where the previous month has the difference between the credit limit and amount outstanding.

it just feels as though Lloyds Bank are exploiting the situation here. They know he is dead but still carrying on regardless. It feels very bad taste but given the way they have behaved over the last few years, I can't say as I am surprised, just saddened.

Left leg doesn't know what the right leg is doing.

has he a bank account in credit with them?  I hope not!

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, regretably he does!

I have written a letter just, giving them one of two options, either freeze the account as they had told three of us on three different occasions that they had or apply for a court order for the interest.

I have no issues with going after them if they touch the other account, to default a deceased customer demanding payment of two missing payments is not acceptable.

He is dead, how on earth are they expecting him to make good on the account?

He was with Lloyds for over 50 years. I don't know what has happened to turn them into the cold soul less people that they are.

sorry to be discussing this really but i know my old neighbour had a 3yrs battle with lloyds over almost doing the same, they used the offset rule to pay off a deceased card debt some 5mts later from a current account and even a savings account. , inc almost £1500 in card interest. they froze everything and wouldn't even let the funeral costs to be met.! this went on for 3yrs!

eventually it went to the FOS and he got the lot sorted + 8% interest back, lloyds then refused to release the money to the 'estate' as the neighbour had moved and said he couldn't prove he was who he was.  guess where he moved into...his deceased fathers home! they claimed he was trying to impersonate hid dead father just because he had the same first initialincredibly bad lot.

again sorry.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just wanted to come back and update this as things changed as of this morning, for the benefit of others in the same situation really. Lloyds have agreed to the balance that was due in October and we have mutually agreed that the settlement is to be taken from the current account in full today. Credit card is now clear and november/december interest was withdrawn.

Nice to have a good result and so quickly too.

• Thanks 1