Delivery companies and pictures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello 

We have helped a neighbour with a DPD local delivery driver who was insisting that he does not need permission to enter her property and take a picture of her holding the parcel in her living room. 

Now my thought is why did it need to be in her living room. Surely a picture of the parcel on the door step is perfectly fine it has been previously and is for other companies. 

Further to this we have not been given any details about how these delivery companies are storing these pictures what they are using them for or anything to do with data protection or the GDPR. It was only after my partner and l went over to find out what was going on that he said on the door step is fine. 

Yes l get it they dont want to catch covid but this is not the point

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Difficult to prove that the parcel she had in her hands was the same parcel that the photographer had delivered. And a terrible invasion of privacy.

I take it that you have complained to DPD [short for DopeHead the delivery guy?] about the intrusion as well as what their company policy is.Then whose photo is it, DPDs or the delivery guy's or both if it is uploaded to DPD. How long is it kept and you require a copy of their Data Protection safeguards. 

Whatever their reply  complain to the ICO .

I have not spoken to her since we left but she was the phoning DPD to complain about him. 

I find it strange that no other company needs the picture of it in your house except them. My Hermes guy does not even take pictures as he trusts us. Never had any Hermes issues.

Yodel just wanted a name royal mail never does either and amazon well they ant speak English so would not know how to ask. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well as we more likely expected DPD has said she is wrong and the driver never done any of that he was not breaking laws they don't had over the pads now as its a covid risk, not that there was some type of risk before with colds flu etc.

As soon as she said l have witnesses they changed there tune and are investigating. According to the person on the phone she could not answer any more questions due to the complaint. 

She has tried to obtain them yesterday but no one would answer them and kept hanging up on her.