Tomlin Order

Pere Ubu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will direct a legal-eagle to this thread for a reply......

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Search on Tomlin and you will find some posts already delaing with this.

However, no fee. The order is not filed. Itis agreed between the parties in advance and then approved by the judeg with the parties present. consumer forums

consumerforums

Have you been ofered one? What are its terms. Have you negotiated on it? In our circumstances it will often carry a confidentiality coause. You can always alter or add terms of the order before it is finally agreed

There was no confidentiality clause. Abbey wanted one but did not agree to it so it was removed. There was no fee in the end the court advised us there was which was incorrect.

Anyway, a cheque for 4k was received on Saturday morning in settlement of charges applied to account.

• 10 months later...
When a Tomlin Order is filed in court is ther a fee?

Sorry to ask a stupid question....What is a Tomlin Order. have searched for a simple definition, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places!

A Tomlin Order stays a claim on agreed terms that are set out in a schedule to the Order, which remains confidential between the parties and brings the disputes between the parties and the litigation to an end other than for the purpose of enforcement proceedings, if they are required.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 years later...
Search on Tomlin and you will find some posts already delaing with this.

However, no fee. The order is not filed. Itis agreed between the parties in advance and then approved by the judeg with the parties present. consumer forums

consumerforums

Have you been ofered one? What are its terms. Have you negotiated on it? In our circumstances it will often carry a confidentiality coause. You can always alter or add terms of the order before it is finally agreed

Please could you help me as a defendant who signed a Tomlin Order for a debt of 55k.The Claimant stated I sign one to stop court action as I could not afford to defend the claim against me through my solicitors.It did not agree the amounts agreed upon which I stated but the claimants solicitors said they would change it later and it was only a draft to be amended later.It was not signed by the claimant and badly worded and hence I signed it innocently.I paid 30 k by installments then defaulted as I became mentally ill,then sectioned 28 days.Some months later a judgement was issued for £48k despite what I had paid.

I went to court to ask why and the claimant produced this unchanged Tomlin that I never knew had been used in court(I was not asked to attend).A clause stated in Tomlin they can go back to case,add fees and interest etc.I cant afford legal help but if I can show it was incorrect,not stamped in court etc.I may have a chance.Could you possibly help?Most grateful as Ive wasted all monies and on a very low income know. Nick Leek

• 3 weeks later...

doctornick, it might be a good idea if you were to start your own thread regarding this. If you are having any problems, just contact a member of the site team.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 8 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks