Bauer Media Group – default auto renewal of online magazine - can't get moneyback/cancel - help

Chris56000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

Can anyone advisee how to get back a payment of £56.20, plus the opening transaction of £44.60 from Bauer Media Group/Great Magazines for a subscription to "Rail" magazine digital I never received please?

Halifax say they can't help because the transaction was taken by a Payment Processor and PayPal themselves refused to reverse it because they said "I didn't follow the suppliers Ts & C's", as described later it is totally impossible to!

The subscription was taken out in November 2020 from an "offer price" of £44.60, and nowhere does it say on either Great Magazines Website or Bauer Media that you are automatically signed up to an enforced "auto–renew", and what's worse, their Customer Services say (when you can actually get them) that "you are not allowed to cancel until a full years subscription has been paid!"

I admit I have not tried phoning myself, but I have read enough of the 223 appallingly bad Trust Pilot Reviews for this company and 208 equally bad T.P. reviews for "Great Magazines"t to realize it is a sheer waste of money trying!

I have been totally unable to get access to the "account" supposedly created to download purchased magazines from and the "password reset" button is a dead link that does nothing!

(Many Trust Pilot Reviews say they automatically "block" your account as soon as payment has been taken so you can't log onto it yourself!)

Is there any case for taking Bauer Media or PayPal to small claims on the grounds of the  "Unfair Consumer Contracts Terms Regulations?"

Altogether, I have lost £100 to this selfish German–owned organisation without seeing a single magazine for my pains!

useless halifax as usual

was this a debit card or a credit card please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Bauer Media Group – default auto renewal of online magazine - can't get moneyback/cancel - help

Hi!

It was a Visa Debit for the first £44.60 and a PayPal payment for the £56.20 that I no inkling of until P.P. sent me an email to say they were about to debit it!

Halifax say "they can't do a chargeback on payments taken by a payment processor"

There is no email warning from Bauer Media when the subscription payment due, it is simply debited outright with no chance to cancel it!

(I have a subscription for a couple of other things and these other organisations do at least have the courtesy to email a reminder with a link to cancel it!)

The chap Matt Allwright on "Watchdog" says you shouldn't auto– renew these things as a matter of course, but in the case of Bauer/G.M., you are given no choice!

it would have been hidden in the initial t&C's much like the various diet pill cons here from a few years ago.

if you paid 1st off by debit card, how did they get ahold of your pp a/c to pay them?

i'm puzzled doesn't make sense...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...