Coerced Debt Domestic Abuse

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@Laura Cooke is there any update on this. 

How is Your Daughter and Grand Daughter. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

My Daughter & Grand Daughter are getting by thanks, was hoping she would be able to shed off some of the coerced debt, daughter as been re-bailed and her partner is improving on a ward now.

Thank you for asking she will cope if it wasn`t for this debt she been left with.

I am glad to here they are getting by. 

Have the companies been contacted r the debt at all. 

• Like 1

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No one been contacted about the debt as far as I am aware my daughter works long hours as a lecturer I think it as been difficult for anyone from CAG to help because she is only home in the evenings.

She has tried to remortgage but she is tied into her mortgage and would need a fair bit of money to buy out and now her credit rating has gone from excellent to fair. 

She is starting a trial for weekend work this weekend she is doing all she can to think of a way out of this mess.

Well tell her not to waste money on consumer debts roof over head stuff first

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes but the debts are not important. 

She needs to mostly get his car handed back with the tax refunded and insurance cancelled then get the dogs gone. They may be worth money but they are his dogs and she is paying for them. 

Anything to do with him bills wise she stops paying. 

Also ask the police what she is to do with his stuff being got out of her house if he has anything there like clothes etc. 

My daughter is driving the car it is her that paid for it so it does not really belong him, my daughters car is still with the forensics, they say she not get it back anytime soon.

She is arranging to sell the dogs to hopefully recuperate some money. They cost £3,000 each. 

He made sure all debts are in my daughters name as we suspect he has done with former partners. 

My daughter put his belongings outside and his parents called and took them.

The Police said they were due to interview him this week as he is on the road to recovery, his parents told my daughter he as no recollection of anything.

I just wish this debt was gone she as never been in this position before, she is having a trial this weekend for a job to try and help her financially as she cannot cope with having debt.

I'm very pleased to hear that she is getting rid of the dogs. I think that the dogs symbolise that important connection with him and the sooner that it is broken, the better.

I tried everything to persuade her not to have those dogs she works long hours it is not fair on the dogs and it as put financial pressure on her, she had to do as he said he was so controlling, my daughter is worn out physically and mentally, she hasn`t the time to look after them never mind walk them they are caused so much damage to her home because they are home alone.

My daughter as 2 cats she does not like dogs even.

I am so bitter that this man as no debt he coerces others to take debt out he disgusts me.

This is rather why I suggested towards the beginning of this discussion that she should simply get rid of the dogs quite abruptly.

I think that a "getting rid of" rather than selling off would be far more of a proactive disconnecting from this man – and that is the kind of gesture that she needs to make to herself.

I still think that the dogs should be taken to the local PDSA and simply left there – no excuses. No apologies. They should simply be left there

My daughter sees it as clawing back some money by selling them she looking into all ways of clearing some of the debt he left her with. 

Not that she would ever want to see this man again but she couldn`t if she even wanted too Social Services have told my daughter they will take my grandaughter if she ever has any contact again.

• 1 month later...

Hello Laura. 

How is your Daughter and Grand Daughter doing. Are there any updates. 

Thanks for asking about my daughter and grandaughter, concerning the debts the Law Centre have dealt with them.

The Police dropped all charges so my daughter is relieved and in a better place, she is enjoying her time off with my grandaughter who is just back from being abroad with her dad.

My whole family rallied round my daughter at Christmas to lift her spirits and her former partner is improving slowly and should make a full recovery hopefully in time

Happy New Year to you I so appreciate you taking the time to ask about my daughter

Its ok. I am glad the charges got dropped best result IMO. 

What has the Law centre said about the debts. Are they getting them written off and what has happened with the dogs. 

Last I heard the Law Centre were hopeful of getting debts wrote off they got a crime reference number and other things they asked my daughter to supply them with, my daughter as not said anymore recently so I assume with the long Christmas break she has heard no more.

• 1 month later...

:rockon:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That is briliant news. When can she get her car back and get rid of the one he was driving 

Thats Great. How are your Daughter and GrandDaughter doing.