Car just clamped, re registered yet ? 24hr notice .

Redex1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Redex1 said:

I am a learner driver, just a learner, should I be treated this way, I feel the end is near .

Even learner drivers have to tax their cars, if they wish to have them on a public highway.

What do you mean by “I feel the end is near”?

if you are struggling with your mental health contact your GP.

If you’d put it in that garage and SORN’d it : you’d not have to pay road tax

if it is parked on the road (that is kept at public expense, not private) / Not SORN’d : you risk the penalty if untaxed.

Saying “but other people get away with it” doesn’t mean you can / will.

Edited by BazzaS

I wish I could understand what you are hinting at but not overtly saying.

May I suggest buying shares in Alcan’s Millinery division?

Regardless of whatever plots / scams you feel may be in play here: you needed tax, or to have the vehicle in a garage / not visible to a DVLA camera car.

18 minutes ago, Redex1 said:

In to the hands of America ?

Tin foil hat.

Look, you need to resolve this.

You can spout rubbish / conspiracy theories all you like. A number of people have asked about the V5c but you initially didn’t answer, and now any answer you’ve given is

a) vague,  (“have said nothing of the sort . I purchased a vehicle, in the belief  that dvla would forward relevant docs . it's all online gov.uk, dvla , no paper anywhere .”)

and

b) submerged in your paranoid postulations

Why did you not insist on the v5c (or walk away from the purchase!)

If you are keen to resolve this you can

a) pay the penalty charge

b) pay the surety to get the clamp removed

c) put the car in the garage until it is resolved, and

d) look to get it taxed within 14 days to get the surety back

Alternatively you can continue to spout nonsensical/ irrelevant replies such as “in to the hands of America”

It depends on if you are actually looking to take responsibility for your actions, and move forward to get this sorted, or are just bleating conspiracy rubbish / looking for sympathy but with no real intent to sort this / seek help with it.

As for “ i have felt rather pressured by some questions, statements on this post.”

people can’t help you if you won’t help yourself. Answering questions e.g. about the V5c, is necessary.

Edited by BazzaS
  • I agree 1

It hasn’t been stolen.

it has been clamped and/or impounded.

Stolen implies theft, which is defined at S.1 of the Theft Act 1968.

For a start, there is no intent to permanently deprive, as they want you to pay the penalty and tax (+/- the surety), where you then get the car back.

Additionally, even if you choose not to get the car back, there is no dishonest intent, as their intent is compliant with (and authorised) by legislation.

Their behaviour isn’t dishonest by either the objective or subjective tests of Ghosh

It may be “dishonest” according to you, but your subjective view doesn’t make it theft.

So, it isn’t theft, and it hasn’t been stolen.

It appears you aren’t actual after help / advice, just that you want to bleat about how badly you have been treated, and then got miffed that people have tried to help rather than merely giving you the sympathy you think you deserve but don’t deserve.

Edited by BazzaS

• 2 weeks later...