Currys Pcworld

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I have paid nintendo, and consoles repaired and on way back to me, but on phone last night a colleague verbally heard my complaint from the top and told me to claim a refund through currys on dm on fb as I had to pay for issue which wasn't present yet  because nintendo wouldn't release it without carrying out that repair also, which was not yet problem for me... she also kindly actually raised another complaint regarding jhe store manager for internal investigation.. now the contact on the dm has said no to refund as above... 

Well I don't think we understood the position here. I thought maybe we were looking for a replacement Nintendo – but clearly we aren't.

So you have to decide whether you want to recover the £57. You will have to issue a claim if you do because don't imagine for one moment that Currys will be interested in refunding you. The cost of a claim will be about £25 and then a hearing fee of about another £20 or something. If you went then you will recover these expenses.

Be aware that the unrepaired fault which I understand are damage pins so that the unit wouldn't charge properly are, so far as I understand, parts which are accessible to somebody from the outside when inserting a charging cable. It could be argued that the damage to the pins was caused by external pressure by somebody not inserting the charging cable correctly.

This could very likely be the position of Currys if you decide to sue them and you should be aware of this and decide what your position would be in return.

I don't think we can say very much more. You have to decide whether you want to bring an action for this amount of money and if you do let us know and also draft a letter of claim and get ready to send it off after we have had a look at it and agreed that it is ready to go.

If you're not sure how this works then read up on this forum the steps involved in taking a small claim in the County Court so that you understand the way forward. It's not difficult but it is worth being familiar with the steps in advance so you are more confident about what you do.

However we will support you if this is what you want to do