McCloud Judgement Forces Pension (in service on or before 31 March 2012 and on or after April 2015) **Updated November 2022**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

McCloud Remedy Announced

The Government has announced a remedy to address the age discrimination contained in the 2015 Public Service Pension Schemes transitional arrangements, including the Armed Forces Pension Scheme.

Following a consultation period in which two remedial options were considered a decision has been made in favour of “Deferred Choice Underpin”.

The Chief Secretary to the Treasury said:

"The significant majority of responses backed the introduction of a ‘deferred choice underpin’ (DCU) as the way to remedy the identified discrimination. This approach will enable eligible members, when they retire with a pension, to choose whether the legacy or reformed schemes would be better for them for the period between 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2022. Respondents offered strong and convincing arguments to support this view, which are set out within this consultation response. It is clear to me that the DCU will provide greater certainty for members and is also the right approach for schemes and the government. "

FORCESPENSIONSOCIETY.ORG

Following a consultation period in which two remedial options were considered a decision has been made...

WWW.GOV.UK

Important information for Veterans UK Customers affected by the McCloud Remedy

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 year later...

Just to update this for those it may affect the Armed Forces Pension Scheme (AFPS) has now produced videos to explain about the Remedy;

The videos are on the MOD YouTube Channel

FORCESPENSIONSOCIETY.ORG

MOD Pensions team releases AFPS15 pension remedy videos on Youtube.

Here is the YouTube direct link:

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• stu007 changed the title to McCloud Judgement Forces Pension (in service on or before 31 March 2012 and on or after April 2015) **Updated Sept 2022**
  • 2 months later...

Another Update to this

AFPS15 Remedy (McCloud) Sitrep

FORCESPENSIONSOCIETY.ORG

All you need to know!

• stu007 changed the title to McCloud Judgement Forces Pension (in service on or before 31 March 2012 and on or after April 2015) **Updated November 2022**
  • stu007 pinned this topic