Scottish power want payment for use before I bought my house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

We bought our property and moved in on the 14th October.

We had bills sent from Scottish power for usage 04/10 to 29/10 totalling £72.26.

We used power as we moved in not knowing who the supplier was and set up with British Gas.

I rang SP and explained and agreed to pay something around £45 a new bill was to be sent out.

The new bill didnt come and we are still being asked for the full amount, which has now gone to pastdue credit solutions who send paperwork to "Mr Homeowner" for the £72.26 threatening SP registering a default.

How does it work when you move into an address that already has power ?

I know its not lots of money but I get annoyed when companies lever money from people like this.

What shall I do next?

Many Thanks

Sam       

have you the original reading from when you moved in?

you are safe to IGNORE PDC , no DCA is a BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In addition to ignoring their debt collectors as advised above, this kind of thing is intensely annoying and distressing and of course completely unnecessary.

If you think that you would like to go on the attack and get some compensation at the same time then we can help you. This is an example of inaccurate data processing and I would say that it would be an easy win for about £75 for the distress caused.

These utilities companies need to slap and they get it wrong far too often, it stresses up their customers and it is simply because of poor management of the systems.

If you would like to have a go – it would be an interesting learning experience as well – let us know.

Start off by sending them an SAR. Whenever there is any trouble with any utilities companies, subject access request is the starting point

18 hours ago, BankFodder said:

In addition to ignoring their debt collectors as advised above, this kind of thing is intensely annoying and distressing and of course completely unnecessary.

If you think that you would like to go on the attack and get some compensation at the same time then we can help you. This is an example of inaccurate data processing and I would say that it would be an easy win for about £75 for the distress caused.

These utilities companies need to slap and they get it wrong far too often, it stresses up their customers and it is simply because of poor management of the systems.

If you would like to have a go – it would be an interesting learning experience as well – let us know.

Start off by sending them an SAR. Whenever there is any trouble with any utilities companies, subject access request is the starting point

Thanks BankFodder you helped me with BT doing same kind of thing and I got compensation from them ! ..... will send a SAR this coming week but what shall I request in the SAR at the moment they dont have my name so not sure how to make a SAR without giving my name which I dont want them to start addressing things to me from now on !   

If they are not addressing you by name and they simply have you down as – Mr Homeowner – then just ignore it all.

Wait until they start addressing you by name and then let us know. Forget the SAR for the moment