Writing to creditor without acknowledging debt

CCJHell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to write to the 4 or 5 creditors that I defaulted with in early 2017 to update their records with my current address. 

I don't want to acknowledge the debt and reset the 6 year timer for them to become statute barred. I am and have been on the electoral role at my current address for the last 18 months and have had no letters from these companies. 

But I also don't want a slew of back door CCJ's in 2022 as they become statute barred between January and April 2023.  

The biggest one is for £3k with Nationwide. There are others all for between £300 and £1200. The alternative is offering a reduced full and final settlement, I had read some people have had some success with Nationwide with one. But again I don't want to acknowledge the debt unless they refuse.  

Would be grateful for your advice. 

All you need do is write them and inform them of your new address, something along the lines of;

Dear Bill & Ben,

Please make note of my current address and use this for any further correspondence.

Regards.

And write on your letter any reference number/s they have for you on the account, and state your new address.

Obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, send 2nd class snail mail.

No other information is needed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers Bazooka, 

I don't have any reference numbers or any of that lark, I am just going of my credit report to get the defaults. 

Maybe just list my previous addresses and DOB instead? 

No, I've had no correspondence from any of them for the last 2 years. I moved twice quite quickly though. Although its all recorded on credit file

I just don't want them realising its coming up to 6 years and firing a load of CCJ's off. 

OK you definitely need to tell them 'in writing'' of your new address, in your case I would put your previous address that they were writing to.

This way they can't obtain a CCJ by default, they love people who move address without informing them.

What was the last correspondence you had from them? At which address?

The letters are computer generated anyway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

you can't reset anything by simply informing someone of your new address.

simply use the partial ref number from the credit file 

and it might help them ID your better to list your last two old ad's and p'haps the AD when you took the credit out.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...