HMRC seek repayment after Fast Tax Rebates Ltd take most of rebate

Schipoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

pdf's sorted

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX

Hi Schipoo,

Follow my advice in post #131 - if I've not come back just before the deadline, post here to remind please.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Schipoo,

You need to comply with the court letter of 12th Jan so should now reply to the HMCTS Tribunal (Tax Chamber) and the HMRC Solrs Office emails (taxappeals@justice.gov.uk and mary.donnelly@hmrc.gov.uk) as follows:-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to HMCTS's email of 12th January and can confirm this is my email address for all communication.

Yours faithfully,

Schipoo

Let us know how you got on with the police. Then we can decide on how to reply fully in the Tribunal process.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Schipoo,

Please confirm if you sent my suggested reply above, or not.

If so, on what date ?

Thanks  😎

Hi Schipoo,

Did you send the reply to HMRC as I suggested here on 23rd Jan - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/437942-hmrc-seek-repayment-after-fast-tax-rebates-ltd-take-most-of-rebate/?do=findComment&comment=5150645

HMRC's letter to you of 18th Jan was their reply to you, as required by the HMCTS process outlined in their letter of 12th Jan.

Hi Schipoo,

The letter you linked above dated 18th Jan makes no demands of you.

If you mean item (a) on the Tribunal letter of 12th Jan, it's unclear about what is to be submitted and by when.

• 2 weeks later...

Last post temporarily hidden. Checking whether MP's letter details can be made public without redaction.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The following legislation has been brought to our attention by our contact at TaxWatch

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/282/regulation/8/made

Information delivered electronically on another’s behalf

8.  Any information delivered by an approved method of electronic communications on behalf of any person shall be deemed to have been delivered by him unless he proves that it was delivered without his knowledge or connivance. "

You have good grounds to argue that the info delivered by Maxwell/FTR was delivered without your knowledge or connivance. Yes, you knew they were acting on your behalf but you were never aware of the nature of the EIS tax relief being claimed.

I'll come back later about how to present this to HMRC or Tribunal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do you prove that ?

Throughout this process, you've always made it clear to HMRC that you knew nothing about the EIS relief that was claimed on your behalf and I've not seen them challenge this.

So this has to be worth a try, particularly as it's likely the formal appeal process is going to fail.

We need to consider how best to present this to HMRC and/or the Tribunal - if you've not heard back from me by 23rd Feb, remind me.

What's the latest with the police and have you visited the police station yet ?

Reminder (for me) :-

1 - With all they know about your case and others, why have HMRC not considered this Regulation 8 as a way to reduce what you must repay.

2 - HMRC Sol'r says much about relief being claimed but not due, which no one denies. They say you failed to provide EIS Cert (obviously)! But they make no reply at all re your Q's about whether the EIS Scheme that was claimed for was actually recognised by HMRC.

3 - Time limit to reply to the Strike Out Application. 

4 - "HMRC consider the Tribunals’ jurisdiction is limited to whether HMRC were correct to reject the Enterprise Initiative Scheme (EIS) claims for relief." But could the Tribunal decide if HMRC are correct in ignoring Reg 8 which could affect how HMRC regard the submissions made on behalf of Schipoo by Maxwell/FTR.

Edited by slick132
corrected to "Strike Out"; Memo added

Yes, all noted re the letter.

Have you made progress contacting the police ?

You may also find useful information in the following link :-

WWW.TAXWATCHUK.ORG

If you want to find out more about TaxWatch, our research, have something to share with us or just want to say hi!, you can contact us using the...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update here .........

Schipoo sent me (by PM) their draft response to send to the Tribunal, for me to look over.

The following post was my reply to Schipoo ............

Hi Schipoo,

Thanks for taking the initiative and drafting your submission.

My concern is that you've relayed pretty much the whole story from start to finish - but this is not of concern to the Tribunal.

The Tribunal is there to decide if HMRC have followed the relevant Taxes Acts and Regulations properly. And, strictly speaking, they have done that.

I think you best bet is to use this opportunity to say some or all of the following  :-

1. I was not aware that Max Tax or Fast Tax Rebates Ltd were using my tax account to commit fraud.

2. I have recently learned of UK Statutory Instrument 2003, No. 282, PART 3, Regulation 8 - Any information delivered by an approved method of electronic communications on behalf of any person shall be deemed to have been delivered by him unless he proves that it was delivered without his knowledge or connivance.

3. I suggest HMRC should have used this Regulation to reduce the tax repayable by me to the amount FTR Ltd paid to me - £5,380.

4. HMRC refer to my comments in their submission to the Tribunal dated 16th February, namely :-

a) Were any share certificates provided by the agent to support the claim – if so, please provide copies to me.

b) The company is required to submit forms to HMRC and HMRC needs to issue authorisation for compliance certificates to be issued to the investors, which enables any relief to be claimed.

Please confirm if HMRC issued authorisation certificates for the EIS company for which tax relief was given and supply copies of any relevant documents submitted in respect of the relief claimed.

c) If no such certificates were issued to the company or investors, surely HMRC was premature to allow such relief without sight of proof of investment, given the relatively rare nature of EIS relief claims.

I make the following points about the above items a, b and c respectively.

A) HMRC has not replied to me about this.

B) HMRC has not confirmed if Cryoblast Solutions Ltd (the company allegedly invested in) was recognised as an approved EIS investment. If it was not approved by HMRC, no tax relief should have been allowed and no tax rebate made.

C) If Cryoblast Solutions Ltd was an approved EIS investment, I maintain HMRC acted rashly by making no checks when the relief was claimed by FTR Ltd.

5. I am now aware that FTR Ltd and Max Tax have used the same tactics to obtain tax refunds from many other taxpayers. The Police, Action Fraud, the Low Income Tax Reform Group, Tax Watch are all aware of this and HMRC have changed phone messages, now warning taxpayers about this scam.

6. HMRC’s policies and processes have been weak and fraudsters have taken advantage of that. FTR Ltd,  Easy Tax Claims Ltd and Alan Maxwell are still trading and advertising for people to claim rebates from HMRC today.  Attached is Alan Maxwells advert from Twitter now targeting offshore workers in particular.

7. I respectfully ask that the Tribunal considers the aspects of my case over which it has jurisdiction so my liability is reduced to repaying the tax rebate which I actually received, not the full amount paid to FTR Ltd.

Let me know your thoughts, Slick :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

pdf damaged

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Schipoo, repost the PDF as we can't see the one you posted.