ING Direct won't give me my money!!!

seylectric
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an ING Direct internet savings account which is linked to my RBS current account. To "link" an account ING Direct insist that you send in a cheque from the account you wish to link it to.

I would like to withdraw some money from the ING account.

Because I am in dispute with the RBS over bank charges which have taken my account nearly £400 overdrawn I obviously don't want to transfer funds to my RBS account.

I have therefore set up a basic bank account with the Halifax but this doesn't have a cheque book so ING Direct are refusing to accept this as a linked account.

I can't get an account with a cheque book, ING are saying they won't transfer MY money to an account unless they receive a cheque to verify that account and I obviously don't want to transfer it to the RBS.

What am I supposed to do? It's my money after all.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Guest Lueeze

Gah! Thats bad! But i know how you feel i had problems with a Brittania Online savings account.

In the end i just transferred the lot back to their normal savings account and shut that 1 down!

Sorry not much help! Good Luck!

Would they accept a copy of a statement to confirm it's your account?

It will have the same details on as a cheque would.

Phoned them back since posting.

It's so ridiculous, they will accept letter from the bank or a statement but because their T&C's say you have to send a personal cheque to verify the account they insist that if they don't get one they will have to close the account.

As long as your ID is verified what difference does it make? Pathetic or what.

Got a letter from the Halifax, ING can shove their account. Shame because otherwise it's been OK and I was just going to post an offer they have on, open an account with ING with £1 and get £10 bonus, no further obligation or commitment so £10 for nothing, shame about the stupid rule about cheques though.

open an account with ING with £1 and get £10 bonus, no further obligation or commitment so £10 for nothing, shame about the stupid rule about cheques though.

Can I be cheeky and ask where this offer is detailed?

Can I be cheeky and ask where this offer is detailed?

Oh, it's a sort of recommend a friend thing. They sent me 5 codes (I have three left) to be used when you open a new account with them. You simply enter the code when you open the account and they give you £10. Only £1 to open the account and no further obligations so they are giving you £10 for nothing!

Ends May 8th

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks