Paypal Fraud - payment made to Shopto.net company ( Scream Limited) Gift cards - how to claim refund **WON A/C unblocked too**

Lex49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings. Somehow my Paypal account was accessed without my authorization and both Paypal account- private and business were hacked.

Hackers started buying Gift cards from  Shopto.net. Fortunately 2 gift card only were purchased.

Both Paypal My account are safe now- passwords changed, 2-dn authentication was turned on. Have removed Direct debit from my bank account and did change every debit card i had- for security reasons.  

On on business Account- it was resolved.

On on private Paypal account- Paypal refused to resolve it. So i will be seeking help about that one.

Payment was not done through bank card/not through direct debit- since i have turned it off. Not from paypal funds, since i did  have 0.00 balance. It is hanging there, until i connect my direct debit again and papal charges me that Amount.

I have opened Unauthorized case with paypal twice- with that account. Both of them are refused. Now third one is pending.

I was able to act quickly, since was working from my laptop at that time, the only laptop i use for my Paypal.

What happened and what i did:

On 2 july At 14:44   happened unknown source transaction at My private paypal- PlayStation Network Wallet Top Up- 43.85gb - To Scream Limited. (shopto.net)

On 2 july At 14:48 - i did change my paypal password.

On 2 july At 14:48-  i did opened  Unauthorized transaction with paypal account.

On 2 july At 14:48-  2nd step Verification  to my Paypal account added.

On 2 july at 15:52 - i contact Shopto.net through their website chat- i told them that my account was charged, without my permission.- Their response was-

Hello, I am so sorry to hear about this! If you believe any transactions to be fraudulent, you will have to contact your payment provider, as we only allow orders to go through when the payments come through as verified payments from the payment provider. Once you contact them and notify them that they have verified a fraudulent order, they should launch an investigation which we can then assist when they make contact with us.

On 2 july at 15:55+- approx i have cancelled all my bank cards and free Virtual cards i had.

On 2 july at 18:48- Payapl refused my complaint-  We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use.

On 2 july  at 23:27- i have removed my direct debit with bank  from paypal for security reasons (and will never put it back).

On 3 july at 13:27 - Paypal refused my claim and closed case -  We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorized.

On 3 july at 13:29 - I did call paypal to dispute that Unauthorized transaction and asked to appeal. They refused- and offered only to change case- to Not to received, i agreed.

On 3 july at 14:42 - i did fill action fraud police report about that incident.

On 7 july  at 14:36 -  i did ask Paypal to appeal my Case, refused before , about unauthorized transaction, by changing reason from pending case (Not to received) - to Unauthorized transaction.

On 7 july  at 14:36 - case was automatically denied. And closed-  We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorised.

On  7 july at 14:52 - another case was opened. For the same transaction - about Unauthorized activity.

What are my next steps ? Where i should complaint next? Should i pay that amount through my bank direct debit- and report that as unouthorised? Should i contact Financial Ombudsman Service ?

Edited by Lex49

cancelling debit cards might nor cancel the Continuous payment authority a valid card had already created.

go tell your bank to to cancel ANY payments to PP via ANY method unless authorised in writing by you.

as for this sort of 'debt' 

why dont you simply open a new PP account with slightly differing details.. and leave the old one alone.

as for someone getting your PP log-in details, typically this by people clicking on links on their phone viewing email and not checking its email address.PP will never do this so must be a scam. and your laptop might well be infected.

have you used something like 360 total security on your laptop and done a FULLL scan? its free and i've used it for years it also protects your online shopping/PP/ebay accounts...all for free!

360 Total Security: Free Antivirus Protection | Virus Scan & Removal for Windows, Mac and Android

download it do a full scan

i'd also dump/uninstall whatever you already are using as its obv crap!!:pound:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What is the total value of these unknown source transactions, you don't say ?

Beside changing your password , you can also change you Email address

Edited by 45002
url as ever

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi. i did mention that amount:

On 2 july At 14:44   happened unknown source transaction at My private paypal- PlayStation Network Wallet Top Up- 43.85gb - To Scream Limited. (shopto.net)

43.85 gbp.

Yes, i may change an e-mail. Will invest whole day in changing all emails at weekends and putting them in Key storage software.

I am more interested how to prove that transaction is not made by me, since paypal refuses to accept my claim.

i wouldn't bother...

just open a new PP a/c with differing details not used on the old one.

run that software i said

and also visit:

Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Woke up in the morning i got that smart solution on paypal:

We're initiating the closure of your PayPal account

After a thorough review of your PayPal account, we're initiating its closure in order to protect us from potential financial losses. You'll no longer be able to use PayPal account.

19 hours ago, dx100uk said:

i wouldn't bother...

just open a new PP a/c with differing details not used on the old one.

run that software i said

and also visit:

Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach

Than you for your advice. I have installed firewall and Avast Antivirus.

You were right- my email was compromised. Antivirus software did found some Malware on my working PC.

having been in this game since before the 1st 'home' pc.

i suggested what to install and run out of a vast experience.

• Sad 1

and they

After 5th case appeal, they confirmed that transaction was unauthorized and refunded me fully. 

Malware was the problem, so antivirus and firewall- are vital to have!

Also advice to contact them through twitter- they removed my account suspension, after i contacted paypal there.

So. if payment was done through your computer, but because of Malware/Virus- paypal see that transaction is made from same IP and refuses to refund.

In my situation- i was browsing internet, while that happened- and there was no sights of any unauthorized activity on my laptop.  All hacking actions were on background.

So you need to be persistent- i have  appealed my case 5 times, have called  paypal 4 times, until successfully, at the end, i was transferred to account suspension/limitation team- which did help to get a refund. 

They did even block my paypal account, telling me that i will be unable to use paypal anymore, but twitter paypal support - unblocked me, after explanation what happened.

It did took 2 weeks to get refunded. 

well done, i think the 'change' in result to a good one is due to the requirements now that Paypal are FCA registered etc etc following brexit..and must follow std uk consumer guidelines.

well done.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Paypal Fraud - payment made to Shopto.net company ( Scream Limited) Gift cards - how to claim refund **WON A/C unblocked too**