Online company requesting to pay more: Cardiagtool.co.uk

jazztheman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a tool from Cardiagtool.co.uk this was an online purchase and I paid via paypal. Today, I received an email stating that the price of the tool had increased and I had to pay the extra before the tool would be dispatched.  This is the message I received from Cardiagtool "Now price is 32EUR including shipping. Please pay for the price difference 14.89EUR then we will arrange shipping for you."

Can online companies do this once the item is paid for?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

6 hours ago, BazzaS said:

Did you receive an email acknowledging your order (at the initial price?)

Even if you did, your difficulty will be enforcing the contract - do they have a U.K. office?

Yes, I received an email to confirm my order, this had an order number and the status was paid for.  I cannot find an address for this company on their webpage, so I am unsure if there is a UK office.  Looks like I will have to report the problem to Paypal.

According to their Contact Us page their working hours are from 9:00 - 18:00                   Beijing time...

Contact Us (cardiagtool.co.uk)

You will not get anywhere dealing with them.

Never buy online from anywhere that does not have UK contact details - especially from china posing as UK...

EDIT:  Another clue is their returns policy which is pure bo77ocks and doesn't even give a return address!

Edited by Manxman in exile

Anybody in the world can have a .co.uk address.  It doesn't necessarily signify any connection with the UK and many dodgy companies outside the UK will have an address that makes them look British when they aren't.

Technically your purchase is probably governed by Chinese consumer law (if they have any) or Chinese contract law.  Whether Paypal can help or not I don't know.  (Better to use a credit card as protection under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act can still be applied to purchases from abroad).