Overcharged by Thames Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

Firstly, apologies if this ends up confusing but I will try and keep it brief.

On receiving this years water bill I discovered that I was being charged for living in a 3 bedroom dwelling, even though I only live in a 2.

I called them to tell them that I was living in a 2 and not a 3 and was told they would amend it, which they have. I was then told I couldn't get it backdated as I have never told them I lived in a 2 bed but I know I have, as I called them when I got my first amended bill back in 2017 (that's when I started paying water rates as it moved over from my council and Thames Water couldn't install a water meter) and that stated that I lived in a 3.

I have recently asked for any copies of any calls between myself and the customer services from 2017 and they have stated that they don't keep the recordings after a year. What is the likely hood of getting a refund now? I was being overcharged over £100 each year. 

please note I have been back through all of my letters since 2017 and only 2 mention that I was being charged for a '3 bed AHS' - the first one in 2017, and this recent one, that's why I assumed after the first call they would have sorted it. 

sorry its so long winded, I've just got off the phone to Thames Water and now can't tell my butt from my elbow. 

Thanks

If you can show that you've been overcharged then there should be very little difficulty getting the money back.

Send them an SAR. Do it straightaway

Also, ask them for a copy of their data retention policy

So far they are making it difficult, they like to call when I'm at work and when I call back the person I need to speak to isn't available. 

I will send an SAR right now and ask for a copy of that. Thank you. Anything else, let me know! 

• Like 1