kwik fit repair puncture pirelli tyre rip off

alex durie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got brand new tigaun 21 plate 300 miles on the clock..and a get slow puncture.

take it to kwik fit in dice Aberdeenshire. .young lad tells me. there's a screw in it but its repairable.. then he go in to reception office. comes back out and tells me they cant repair it because pirelli tyres have a black like plastic seal in them and they need to put new tyre on it. so thats what he does...

now a might add that this car is my frist ever disability car and kwik fit works with disability scheme.....

SHAME ON KWIK FIT FOR RIPPING OFF DISABLE PEOPLE.......

Dependent upon where the screw was and the type of Pirelli tyre you can't just wack a plug in them so they maybe quite correct.

as for your disability and the disability scheme...i will guess you mean the Motability Scheme - The Car and Scooter Scheme for disabled people 

did you inform them that the car was under the above scheme? as it's not actually yours and i think you will find you must contact the Motability Scheme - The Car and Scooter Scheme for disabled people should these things happen? you might even find you are already covered and might get a refund through them?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah tyres are covered under the mobility, but you must book through them or at least tell kwik fit it's a mobility vehicle so they can do the proper paperwork/checks.

They won't know unless told, so will charge you to replace the tyre.

You should have insisted on a repair, cheap as possible.

Then, when it rains, drive as fast as you feel able, in the wet, round corners, really chuck it about. The only thing between you and a crash is a cheaply fixed, badly repaired tyre.

Good luck. 

https://www.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/road/the-tyre-with-a-mechanic-inside

Cool, but not, unfortunatly, a permanent fix.

I don't think you being disabled made much of a difference.

H

Edited by Hammy1962

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

From the Pirelli website

Repairing Instructions

Premise: examination of a damaged tyre and execution of a proper repair are the responsibilities only of a specialized tyre dealer. Pirelli does not assume any liability for operations performed by third parties.

To perform the repair of a tyre with Seal Inside technology it is necessary to remove the layer of sealant in the puncture area within the tyre until you reach the impermeable butyl layer, for an area with the same size as the repair patch to be applied; after removing the sealant the repair operation is equivalent to that of a standard tubeless tyre.

As is evident, this operation to remove the sealant from the puncture area inevitably means that the treated area loses the special technical feature of Seal Inside.

the screw was between the tread..that why the boy said it was repairable......so they're not correct...and yes i told them it was disability car...and i know its a lease car and not mine...tho i can buy after lease is up..

for your info....the whole point of this post...ie.kwik fit sell Pirelli tyres..this was a simple repair .but because they knew disability was paying the bill.they decide to put new tyre on it..had this been my own car i would have told them to put the screw back in the tyre. and went elsewhere and got it fixed....

:noidea:

even if you'd gone 'elsewhere' , i would hope they would not do an unsafe bodge job and you would not allow one!

That will void your lease agreement and your insurance.

its NOT FOR YOU to have to pay for a new tyre...it's Motability's problem. NOT YOURS

your end of the bargain upon leasing the car from Motability clearly in the lease agreement you must inform them of any defects esp the tyres.. i suggest you go read that booklet you got from them very carefully.

the only things you should be doing with the car are carrying out the very very basic maintenance for daily driving like checking fluids, water, oil, windscreen, air pressure etc etc that you must do to any car to be able to safely drive it - again this is all carefully detailed in the book from Motability

for ANYTHING else you should not even be touching the car and must contact Motability..

i should know i've had enough cars from them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

TL;DR is

1) Junior member of staff thinks Pirelli “Seal Inside” tyre can have a puncture repair, and be back to standard, gets corrected when checks with their supervisor

2) puncture repair would have left tyre below Pirelli “Seal Inside” standards, so Motability wouldn’t have accepted it anyway.

3) OP didn’t follow Motability scheme requirements so is out of pocket for paying for it themselves

4) OP posts expecting sympathy but is instead told “they’ve done nothing wrong, it is on you”

Did I miss anything important?

update..after a phone call to Motability complaints team who put me through to kwik fit custercare. who in turn was adamant the tyre could not be repaired. and me quoting CRAIGMcK POST THANKS craig....she tells me she will get her manger to call me but he's going to tell me the same thing.

she calls me back and says she stands corrected the tyre can be repaired..tells me area manger will call me back today..

a get a call from the manager from dice depot. who was there on saturday. says the tyre is still there. and the reason they replaced tyre was there was two screws in the tyre..not the seal..

the area manger just called me and asked me my version of what happened..he's going to get back to me...i might add i have worked on the oil rigs for 30 plus years until i had heart attack and a stroke..

all this disability stuff is new to me..maybe those of you wont remember kwik fit being caught ripping off people years ago by a under cover sting..

deja vu came to mind walking out kwik fit...