Leaking conservatory help required as installers messing us about

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

The above was installed about three years ago.

We had a few minor problems and they were sorted after many calls

and no show appointments.

Recent months, around Aug last year leak down side of the consv,

took many emails and phone calls to get them over. They did a bodge

job by painting a water sealer. I was not there just our adult daughter as

they turned up early. I accepted the repair as I'd had enough of the stress

Recent events, leak started same side, took dozens of emails and phone calls

and we had to endure abuse from two of the clowns there that claim to be high up

the company ladder..

3 months after the leak started, they give us an appt - as luck would have it I

was waiting for a covid test as one of my co-workers had covid so had to cancel.

Next appt offered mid Jan. Two, so-called technicans turned up and said cant do anything

as its raining. I thought fair enough. I had to chase them after that for another appt.

This was Thu/4/1/21 at 1pm. They came around at 9am - insult to injury could not carry out 

a repair but could not give me a reason

The reason for the leak id poor workmanship, EG why does it need a total reseal and I worry about the other side. This convs

is detached on sides ie joins no walls.  

I emailed and rang them as they 6 times but no one will return calls etc  - I have consulted other fitters privately before but no one wants to

touch the consv as they would get the blame if it leaked again.

In the past I have given them 14 days and 7 days, often get the appt after that

They belong to FENSA but they are no help re conservatires they belong to no other organisation.

The clowns have been around for 35 years and most of the good reviews are invited and often posted soon after

the installation. Its the after service they fully lack Some of the reviews read as being intimidated and worse

and they've tried it with us

Looking up trading standards, they no longer exist

Our consv and property was fully refurbed and there is water damage and getting worse.

Can I get a survey report and how do i reclaim money via which court, can i have repaired privately and reclaim these costs as well and solicor costs -

its making me ill.

We live in London and [edited - HB based in Essex

Please help

E

Please will you tell us the name of the company you're dealing with

Thanks. Why does that matter?

I don't want to name them as I'm preparing my options.

As I stated, the only org they are affiliated to is FENSA.

Even I thought they could help but the don't help

with conservatories.

This outfit does not belong to any other regulated body.

Thanks

Because you come to us for help and we want to know as much as possible about the people were dealing with in order to give you the best advice as to how to pursue them. Also if they are named on the forum, there is more likely that other people who maybe have had similar problems will join the discussion and you can benefit from each other's experience.

As long as you are honest and straight dealing, there is actually no disadvantage to naming them – and in fact there are only advantages.

The kinds of companies which operate in this way depend on the fact that their reputation doesn't get around. Once they realise that they are starting to develop a reputation, then they start reflecting on the quality of service that they provide.

If you don't name them then you will simply bring comfort to them and undermine your own position

Fair enough. However, they have enough negative feedback not to give a flying .......

I've done my research and other than FENSA they do not belong to any other sceme and the owners are

..... otherwise they would not keep on nasty, rude staff they make threats to people.

Thanks anyway

ps - mistake we made was not looking up Trsutpilot reviews as there was a genuine pattern of behaviour there.

forget about these professional associations. They're not in the business of helping people like you. They are only in the business or protecting their members.

if you don't actually want to name them here, then why don't you post a link to the reviews on trustpilot so we can see there

I guess you are right about 'theres other orgs..'

However, you asking me again and again to post the name  and when I said no you

go on to ask me to post a link to trustpilot - how is that different??

The bottom line: Millions of people have been helped on the net/media etc without naming the outfit.

It is the scenarios, the circumstances and if you live is england/scotland etc as laws slightly different.

On many sites I've read a mass of good advice on cars, property, wills, hols, etc etc and how people wehre having problems with EG travel agents, builders, etc NO NEED FOR NAMES.

I'm not sure what you angle is.

I'm sorry that you think that there is an angle. There is no angle.

If you think that there are a huge range of websites over the Internet which will help you sort this problem out, then maybe you should go to them.

However, you've managed to stumble probably across the most effective legal advice/self-help forum in the UK. We've been going for 15 years. I think we have scarcely ever lost a case if people are prepared to follow our advice – but it's up to you.

Everything we do is free. We don't make any money. We don't get paid. But you should treat the advice here exactly the same as if you were paying the going rate which is probably £250 per hour.

I'm not trying to fob you off – but maybe you should go and try one of these other websites which you think can help you and if it doesn't work out then by all means come back here. We absolutely happy to give you all the support and assistance you need – if you want it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks