Additions Direct?? Anyone dealt with?

carlih1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have charges with the Additional direct catalogue (used to be argos additions)

I wrote to them and they just referred me to my terms and conditions of contract sent of photocopy of these and highlioghted them saying

"Default charges - Charges are payable by the customer in respect of the following matters:-

- The customer going into payment arrears

- Failure of the customer to respond to an arrears collection communication

- The creditor agreeing to a reduced payment schedule with the customer

- Transfer of the customer's debt to a debt collection agency

- Failure of the customer to provide a forwarding address to the creditor

Details of up to date charges in relation to each of these are avalible from the creditor."

Should i reply or just send them a court order?

Thanks

Carli

Hi Carli,

This is just the same as banks are doing, trying their best to put people off at the first hurdle.

Was the letter you sent a PRELIM (Initial request) ?

If so, since they have not specifically stated (?) hat they will not refund you, you might be best to just wait for the 14 days to expire, and then issue an LBA.

I'm sure this will soon be another to add to your victory list!

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'll have to double check later, when the kiddies are all tucked up in bed, but i think this is the first letter i have sent but has gone way past 14 days.

Thanx for replying

carli x

• 1 year later...

just to correct you but Additions direct DID NOT use to be argos direct. it actually use to be abound as i had a account with abound now additions direct. Additions direct is another name for littlewoods. Boots took over additions when it went wrong under the hands of argos it was then brought from boots and changed to additions direct.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Sorry GM, but they did used to be Argos Additions

my account was an Argos Additions account but Littlewoods purchased the additions brand along with Great universal,Kays et al

as a result the account was transfered around 2.3 yrs ago to Additions (Littlewoods)

Regards

Paul

well my additions account was purchesd by boots but i did not really have anything owing then as i had paid it off but the money had not cleared.

I only found out it was owned now buy littlewoods when abound changed to additions earlier this year.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

yep, that sounds right in a way, you used to be able to buy stuff from Agros ( i mean from inside the store) on an additions account and it would be delivered mail order, if anything was wrong you were able to return the items to your local boots so it may have been a joint venture but it was linked with Argos

yer thats the one i had. there was also a account for that u could have and that is the one i had. But what then happened was it was fully taken over buy littlewoods so it the changed to additions direct.

• 1 month later...

What is happening with this account now?

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks