Moriarty Law and ADCB - insistent chasers...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Apologies as I know this topic has been done to death but I find myself in a situation I can't seem to find another example of?

Around 12 months ago, Moriarty Law contacted me about a supposed debt relating to my ADCB current account in Dubai. Nearly all current accounts come with an attached credit card (turns out they don't but one of the pages in the initial application that you're asked to sign is actually for opening a CC.... I know, should have been more studious with reading).

Thanks to this forum, last year I downloaded the "Prove It" letter and sent to Moriarty. After hearing nothing at all for 11 and a half of those months, yesterday a big parcel arrived containing the pages from the original account opening app with my signature all over it, a copy of my passport and residency visa from that time and bank statements for the whole 5 years I had the current account with ADCB.

Looking at the amount owed, it translated to around GBP5,000 at such time as ADCB passed it to ML and now they have inflated it to GBP10,000 using a combination of mystery charges and a made-up exchange rate between AED/GBP.

I'm wondering what my next move should be as others seeking help from this forum usually see a Prove It letter to be enough to shoo the DCA away. Sadly in my case, there's 3kg of paper on my desk that very much proves it.

Also I'm a director of a UK Ltd company now so would like to avoid anything that may sully that.

Any advice gratefully received, thanks very much!

the prove it letter should be removed as its totally useless and simply invites letter tennis.

however in your case it might have done one good thing and thats legally inform ML of your correct and current address, protecting against a backdoor CCJ to an older UK address if there ever was one.

ignore them until/unless they send a letter of claim and the reply pack

then comeback here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...