Redundancy situation?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am in need for some advise please. I’ve been working for company over 12 years. Have been on furlough from March until end of October. At the end of October company announced that the building I was working at will no longer be operating and it’s being given back to landlord.

I have been put on garden leave with 12 weeks notice period until 18th January 2020. I heard from some of employees that the company will be going to administration.

The question is they are trying to sell contracts from online business to potential buyer. If they do buy, does it still mean the company can go into administration? Does that mean I will have to claim money for redundancy from the goverment? 

the problem is that no questions are being answered and no updates being given. Simple response such as we will be in touch nearer the end. 

What should my options be to ensure I am somehow protected after all the years I’ve spent with them? I know a lot of other employees are being paid redundancies as they move.

Thanks