Vodafone broadband absolute rubbish

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i took out a contract back in May with Vodafone for superfast fibre 2, My speeds have been up and down all the time one moment the sync speed is 76mb then it goes to 33mb then back up to 76mb

other providers in the area like BT, PlusNet, Sky or TalkTalk can only provide me with 33mb maximum apparently but Vodafone was adamant they can provide 76mb so i thought ok ill take your word for it

so since may the internet has been working perfect no complaints, lately its absolute crap  you speak to them on the phone and its the usual rubbish change your WIFI channels, take the face plate off your socket.

I'm an internet engineer for a company called hyperoptic so I know a lot about routers and all that so its nothing new to me,  you tell them you've done all this and they just repeat themselves over and over then tell you to see how it goes with the plate off... may I add makes no bit of difference at all you call them back and the same rubbish is said all over again,

When i complained first time about the half speed drop to 33mb they came back with this is all you can get in your area ,  when i asked them why sell me a 76mb package if you know full well my line cant handle over 33mb as usual get told ill get a 3 pound discount for the duration of my contract which disappears once they boost your speed back up to 76mb then few weeks later your back to square one again.

Tonight my speed is running at 3.5mb and 15mb upload

webpages don't open and videos buffer all the time,

i honestly think its the crap routers they supply to which you cant place into modem mode to use your own 3rd party router.

Is there anyway i can get out of this contract

Oh man... You work for HO - A Dream job for me ^_^ 

You are not obliged to use Voda's router?!?! I can verify this is 100% true!

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/How-to-Set-up-a-third-party-router-with-vodafone-2019/td-p/2621214

You may be able to - but keep in mind - Wherever you go  you will have the same issue as its Openreach... 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• Andyorch changed the title to Vodafone broadband absolute rubbish