Three Mobile - Roaming cut off whilst stranded abroad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for some help with 3 mobile.

I'm currently stuck abroad in Australia.

I received a warning text from three stating my roaming would be cut off unless I provided information re an exemption.

I provided proof of UK residency weeks in advance with no response.

I have subsequently been disconnected completely, with no access to make or receive any texts or phone calls, essentially my sim is useless.

I'm unable to receive texts from family and also my important bank accounts which send one time passcodes to that number.

I've attempted to contact three several times and spent many hours but with no success, they tell me there's nothing they can do and I have to return to the UK before services will work again. I've tried to explain the extenuating circumstances. 

Are they able to completely cut off my SIM card from receiving incoming messages and calls, fair enough cut off data and charge for making calls but it seems pretty unacceptable in the current situation to completely disconnect customers.

If you're in a Go Roam Around the World destination

We'll monitor your usage, and if you spend two complete months in a Go Roam Around the World destination, we have the right to suspend international roaming services on your account. This means you'll no longer be able to use your device abroad. If you spend a full two months abroad but some of that time is spent in a destination that isn't included in Go Roam, the restriction won't apply.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,Case=obj(12332)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

14 hours ago, camsemple said:

Hi all,

Looking for some help with 3 mobile.

I'm currently stuck abroad in Australia.

camsemple

Why not get an Australia pay as you go mobile or slim only deal while you out there and keep in contact that way,  just search online....

Then when you get back to good old Blighty.

Tell 3 where to stick it.

Good luck.....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...