Lowell Cap1 Default appeared on my credit report

trumpetmaest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a credit card with cap one that I ran into difficulty with and they defaulted it. I was getting help through debt line  and I had set up a payment plan.

I got a letter in September from Lowell stating they had now bought the debt and I needed to pay them.

they started texting and calling me but I refused to go through their security checks and asked them to write to me.

I sent them a request for a true copy of my credit agreement and have heard nothing other than two more letters telling me to contact them to set up a payment plan.

I checked my credit report in October and saw that the capital one account had been removed from my file.

I have just checked it again today and the  account has reappeared but now states that it is Lowell.

What can I do?

Lowell have not produced any documentation at all since my request in September.😱

Normal procedure. 

There likely isnt anything you can do - They have to report it.

Check historic reports - See if the Cap One Account has the same Default Date as the Lowell Entry

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Do you have any other debts ?

Lowell are known to hoover up number of debts and to then try to obtain a CCJ.

How much is the Cap One debt approximately ?

Does the debt Cap One have noted match what Lovell have recorded ? Be careful, as sometimes when debts are sold, the new debt owner makes mistakes in regard to debt about owed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell Cap1 Default appeared on my credit report