Redundancy SAR Delay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A SAR to my employer on 25-09-20 for information surrounding my posts selection for possible redundancy.

I feel as though I was initially fobbed off and discouraged from doing doing so by the HR rep it submitted to.

She initially responded stating that I did not need to officially request this information as it would be made available as part of the consultation process and continued to list what I could expect to receive as such.

Nothing she quoted was the information I was seeking as it only covered information relating to to the consultation process, not the selection.

When I questioned this I was informed that I could not request said information and that I was not entitled to request information about me shared by management via email or any other means of correspondence.

I informed her that I did not think this to be correct and that I was of the belief that I could request all and any information held about me regardless of format, be it email, text message, personnel files, CCTV images etc.

Please confirm if this correct or not.

She, at this point, became very defensive and again attempted to dissuade me from submitting the request.

I submitted the request anyway.

Since then I initially was informed that the request would take more than the allotted 30 days to complete and asking if I would except an extension of a further 30 days.

This I grudgingly agreed to.

I have since been notified that the request may take even longer than this and has been extended by two months for completion.

Is this allowed ?

Despite asking if I would like the request kept confidential I am aware that they have been contacting colleagues who have no knowledge of the subject matter requested.

I feel that they are over complicating the matter and that this a ploy to prevent providing any information that may assist any appeal etc until after all deadlines have past.

Morning Folks,

Was hoping I could possibly seek some further opinion on a different aspect of this matter.

My third and final individual consultation was held last week where it was verbally confirmed that my position had indeed been made redundant.

I was advised an exit date of November 6th.

It was confirmed at this point that I would receive written confirmation.

I was asked if provision of these documents was acceptable the following day as the HR rep was busy. I agreed that receipt of docs the following day was acceptable.

The redundancy policy also states "the employee be served with notice of redundancy"

As of yet no confirmation or documentation has been received.

I also have questions over the validity of the redundancy policy provided.

Would this merit fair grounds for appeal ?

Policy states the following right of appeal ;

"If the employee wishes to appeal against a redundancy decision, he or she must submit the
grounds upon which the appeal against the Company’s decision is based, in writing, within five (5)
working days of the date of the notice of redundancy."

Appreciate any advice, feedback or opinion.

Hello,

My point is that they have not followed their own procedure.

I was supposed to receive written confirmation of my redundancy along with all other final documents the day or day after my final consultation meeting.

With only a small number of days to go before I am supposed to exit the the company I have yet to receive them.

If it is not confirmed, is it valid ?