Technical Course

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could anyone give me some advice please. 

Last year I signed up for a course which was one day a week classroom training. To complete this course a work placement was also required to learn the practical side. You cannot pass the course without having so many practical hours on the job itself. I even gave up one day a week in my current job to attend this work placement. I was verbally guaranteed a work placement before enrolling onto the course.

On my first day attending the course I noticed that on the form they wanted me to sign for the initial deposit payment, at the back of the form in small writing it said they do not guarantee a work placement. I put a sticky note on the form raising my concerns and did not sign it. The following week the owner reassured me that is just a standard form to sign for a deposit payment and that a work placement was guaranteed. I stupidly then signed it despite my gut instincts. 

the course started and I was attending once a week. I kept asking about the work placement and kept getting fobbed off saying I would be going with a company soon. In the meantime I was told I did not need to make any payments until the work placement had commenced. 

After a few months I left the course for a couple of weeks because I felt the work placement was not being sorted.

I was then contacted and advised a work placement would be starting if I wished to come back on the course and I would be starting the work placement within a few weeks. I agreed and came back.

Again a few weeks passed and this did not happen.

After months of getting nowhere and then being told we were behind and would need to start the course again I decided to leave.

I could not afford to spend another 9 months of my time doing this course and having no confirmation on the work placement. 

Now move on a few months and I am now being chased for payment and being told I will be taken to court if I do not pay.

I do not feel I have gained anything out of this course as I was constantly being messed about.

If anything I have lost money due to reducing my work hours to do the work placement once a week which did not happen. 

Do verbal agreements stand up in court?

Which company is this?

well you don't want to hide them forever 

esp if it goes to court.

i will guess you have received some form of threat-o-gram from them

or is it from a silly powerless DCA.?

and i bet nothing uses the word WILL anywhere....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no point hiding things and playing secret squirrel on this forum. What does it matter if they come onto the forum and see what's happening and the way they're being talked about? As long as you are honest and straight dealing then there is no problem.

I don't see why you want to protect these companies. It doesn't help you. It doesn't help other victims. It only helps the company