GO Outdoors faulty tent.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I got a tent from go outdoors,  over £1000 for tent porch carpet  and footprint and it was faulty,

they exchanged it, it was only 2 weeks old,  s

I got another tent that to was faulty, I have pictures of the faults,  

this time they weren't happy to exchange but they did,  then I got a vanguard 8 ,  

when we were on holiday the rain was coming through the material of the tent, holes in the stitching and the zip kept breaking,

2 days into our holiday we came home to change the tent and go back and finish our holiday,  

they refused, this tent was only 9 days old. 

we left the store phoned head office and they said

"go back to store and give them another chance to sort this out!"  

we did and the manger was worse this time, said to ring head office he didn't want to.
I have a proof of a call from head office for 40mins and the manager was implying to head office I was lying about a phone call and head office have no record of them phoning me ,

the manager asked me to leave the store or he will phone the police  

I told him to get the police,  

while waiting for the police a customer was returning a tent and when asked from the store what's wrong with it, they said""nothing it's to hard to put away"  asked the manager how is that right when my tent is faulty and you wont exchange,  

he told the police I was threatening a customer,  I never spoke to the customer, I also told them I am autistic,  

The manager lied to the police and the polices' attitude to me was horrendous

I told them  repeatedly told I was autistic,  

I have video evidence of my arrest, 

What are my legal rights to a new tent,  

any help will be greatly appreciated thank u,  

am also dyslexic,  sorry if some of this doesn't make sense ,

I've loads more to tell on this whole situation xx

I was arrested for not leaving the store until I had a resolution 
All the tents where hi gear 
Also I told the manager that we where on holiday to rest as we've just had 4 weeks of hell with my daughter as shes now in hospital safe,  

we went away for 5 days knowing she was safe ,  

why would we come home early and try to change a faulty tent,  

and go back to our holiday if it wasn't faulty

they weren't interested  

I've been having meltdowns really bad this x 
Also I was released from the police 2hrs later WITHOUT been Interviewed and NO CHARGES

I've had a email today saying because of me being banned from the store I can have a refund  

I've sent them emails asking questions and they will answer the email but wont answer my questions

and now they saying as a good will gesture they will refund me 

But I only have until Friday which is 1 day to accept the return and if I don't they will not refund me 

And am so distressed , 

Am I right the if a item is faulty you have 28 days to a full refund 

inbound2402773909159623899.jpg

inbound3778484385778390693.jpg

Not entirely sure that I understand the entire story.

If they have offered you a refund then the best thing you should do is to accept it – even if it is meant to be a gesture of goodwill – because at least you got your money back in your pocket and you don't have to go through the complication of asserting your consumer rights. However we will help you if that's the way you want to go.

You don't tell us when you bought the tent. You talk about 28 days but maybe you are confused.

You have 30 days from the date you bought the tent to reject it if a defect becomes apparent. After that, you have six months from the date the tent to have a repair carried out and if the repair fails then you can insist on a refund.

From the sounds of it, you have had the tent longer than 30 days so the fact that they are offering you a refund makes life a lot easier if you simply accept it.

I'm very sorry about the way you were apparently treated and certainly about the way that the police treated you. I think it is very unfair of the police and I'm afraid that sometimes they can be like this. Sometimes they simply identify the person they think is causing the trouble and then deal with it simply for an easy life. The police often are not particularly known for exercising good judgement – although it can be a difficult call from time to time.

For the moment, let's just concentrate on your consumer rights and whether you are going to get a refund for the tent – and as I've already suggested, I think you should take the money give the tent back and then start again if you want.

If you are going to get another tent, it might be a better idea to go and look in various shops, identify a tent that you want – and then go home and order it online. That way you have 14 days to try it out – as long as you keep it in perfect condition and then you can reject it if it isn't right for you. If you find that there are defects with it then obviously you have the 30 day consumer right that I outlined above.

Does this help to answer your question?

Hi the tent was only 9 days old when I took it back to get a exchange 

Am also autistic and dyslexic I've tried my best to explain 

When I took the tent back it was 9 days old and told the manger that with the item being faulty am entitled to a full refund or exchange, with 28 days if item is faulty but he wouldn't look at the pictures or even offer to get the tent inspected 

So now they are offering you a refund. Do you want to accept it?

What do u think i  should do , as I think am due an apology for what they have put me through,   

as none of this would of happened if the manager did his job in the beginning and looked at the pictures

I tried to show him of the faults ,

I would not have been arrested

any help is greatly appreciated thanks 

exchanged the tent as they have offered and walk away.

move on.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree. I think you should take the refund.

I think you should view this in terms of two problems.
Firstly the faulty tent for which they are offering you a refund
secondly, the way you were treated.

I would say that the best thing to do is to accept the refund that you are offered and then it leaves you with a much smaller problem to deal with – if you want to continue.

It sounds as if you have been very badly treated. If you have got video evidence of everything which supports everything you say then you could have a basis for complaint and we could help you. However, they are offering the money and you may as well get started with that.

If you don't then they may withdraw the offer of the money and then you will still have two problems to deal with which will be more complicated and more time-consuming.

• Andyorch changed the title to GO Outdoors faulty tent.