Stopped by traffic car then offer of speed awareness course withdrawn what happpens now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was stopped by a traffic car, they took my details and i got a letter to my home address.

This letter offered me the choice of 3 points and a fine or a speed awareness course.

I went online booked the course 2 weeks ago and now i got an email saying West Yorkshire police have withdrawn your offer,  please call the number on your letter. 

Anyone else had this,

what will happen next,

does this mean they now want to fine me instead all seems a bit strange, to offer you something let you go on and pay for it and then later take it away with no reason?

what was the offence?

it could be you are outside of the remit for offering a course and someone has made a mistake or they are no longer pursuing the case or the course centre has had to close due to covid or something.

might be best to contact them soonest and find out.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As dx100 says I'd contact them ASAP to find out what has happened.  (Courses were suspended for a while because of Covid I think, but I believe they were replaced by online courses.  Maybe it's to do with that).

Have you checked your bank account to see if the fee's been refunded?

(Thinking about it, did you ever receive confirmation of your booking?  If you did it just might be worth asking the police nicely if they would still let you do the course instead as you've already booked it?  If they've made a mistake they might be a bit embarrassed and if they're in a good mood let you do the course.  Don't ask, don't get.  But ask nicely - don't get arsey about it.)