No Right Turn at Wakering Road in Barking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wondering if anyone has any access to templates to defend against this no right turn at Wakering Road in Barking.

I intend to appeal on the grounds of poor signage as it's quite far from the road and past the turn.

They are making a tonne of money off it and I saw a car make the turn in the ten minutes I was there taking these.

Parking-1.pdf

"I saw a car make the turn" just means someone else will be getting a ticket.

The 'no right turn' sign [ approximately  'a black r (to the right) in a white circle, surrounded by a red circle, with a red line diagonally  from about 45 degrees to 225 degrees] isn't "no right turn ahead' but 'no right turn'.

To my mind that means it cant be after the junction, but doesn't have to be significantly before.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5411337,0.0802381,3a,75y,89.9h,85.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKWpZ_5-ziS6ADBE8K5W_9w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

shows it at the junction. If you are arguing it is after the junction, you'd have to drive across the hatched markings, and potentially the pavement ......

From the other side,

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5411137,0.0805204,3a,75y,295.63h,84.84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6LZksdGtebzaFmQ5s8lU7w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

shows the sign after the junction (from the other side), so before the junction from the direction the offence took place .....

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your help guys. My main reason for thinking to challenge is that the sign is quite far away from the vehicular road (4m), with the bike lane in between. There is ample room on the side walk to put it closer but they have chosen not to do that in my opionion so as to confuse the motorist.

The reason I'd like to challange is not that I can't afford the £65 more that I hate motorists being sent nasty letters with fines just for going about their daily business.

So two questions.

Should I contest on the grounds of poor sineage?

How did councils get these powers to issue fines for what seem like matters for the police?

R