Delivery disclaimer - T&C website

koolkat66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I am in a quandery.

I need to purchase some material from a company based in France.

They are the only ones that can supply this kind of material.

They were previously based in Uk and I had worked with them before with no issues whatsoever.

I was just about to purchase the material (decorative material for a Christmas display, for my very small business) when I saw this disclaimer on their website

'DELIVERY

'Any Goods you buy from us will be despatched to you in the way you have selected on the Site. Although we do our best to use reputable delivery companies, due to reasons outside our control, we cannot guarantee any quoted delivery time. You will own the Goods and the risk in them as soon as we have passed them to the delivery service'.

I am now feeling  quite uneasy as if the material disappear it would i be my loss, and I have no control over this.

A friend who does lots of online sales told me that since the covid situation this has been more and more the norm and I just have to accept it.

The payment is bank transfer, with my debit card, and I feel I am completely exposed here, and yet I really need this material to carry out the work.

It is quite a large payment, about £5000, and I am not sure how to cover myself.

It may not be the remit of this group but if someone has any idea or point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated

Thanks

Cris

Presumably you have investigated the possibility of paying with a credit card – and they refuse?

Well why don't you ask them>  We can't speculate for you.

Also call paypal and ask them