Annual Bonus

frazeeay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your friend willing to put this on record?

I have no idea but i will ask her only thing is she doesn't have internet acess at home. I have given her this wesite to look at whilst at work though so she may do anyway. She no longer works in banking, RBS treated her like a dirt so she found another job and told them to stick it.

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

Is your friend willing to put this on record?

I have no idea but i will ask her only thing is she doesn't have internet acess at home. I have given her this wesite to look at whilst at work though so she may do anyway. She no longer works in banking, RBS treated her like a dirt so she found another job and told them to stick it.

• 2 weeks later...
A friend of mine used to work for natwest and rbs she says that the charges are a way for the bank to make money so they can give free banking and it costs practically nothing to bounce a dd or cheque etc. She also said that in order to qualify for a credit card they used to give priority to those who had missed payments on other financial areas such as catalogues as it meant they could make more money out of them by way of penalty charge as the chances are a payment would be missed, and yes she said the charges are a penalty charge nothing more so the bank can profit from it. Also where LLoydstsb are saying some of the data cannot be given because it is help on a micro fiche (sp) she says you are entitled to this information and they cannont withold it.

Thats bullshit.

I worked for RBS. What youre friend probably MEANT was that rbs rank customers in risk terms.

10 is HIGH

1 is LOW

Low risk customers are those earning MASSIVE ammounts of money, and thus dont need any credit, loans, morgages etc. High risk is people who've defaulted loans, morgages or are with outside bodies e.g. greg pennington. The BEST clients to sell loans/credit to are around a 7, medium risk but still NEED credit.

Charges CAN be refunded, but dependant on track history e.g. have u been charged numerous times and always had them refunded? Charges are refunded at the employees discretion and thus if seen to be refunding far too many your job position may be questioned. It's a case of looking at the charges impartially and seeing if you believe them to be fair.

Also where LLoydstsb are saying some of the data cannot be given because it is help on a micro fiche (sp) she says you are entitled to this information and they cannont withold it.

She's correct in saying this, the data protection act states a customer can require ANY information on file regarding themselves.

Correct. All information held on 'a relevant filing system' must be disclosed. See Smith v Lloyds in Library

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

A friend of mine used to work for natwest and rbs she says that the charges are a way for the bank to make money so they can give free banking and it costs practically nothing to bounce a dd or cheque etc. She also said that in order to qualify for a credit card they used to give priority to those who had missed payments on other financial areas such as catalogues as it meant they could make more money out of them by way of penalty charge as the chances are a payment would be missed, and yes she said the charges are a penalty charge nothing more so the bank can profit from it. Also where LLoydstsb are saying some of the data cannot be given because it is help on a micro fiche (sp) she says you are entitled to this information and they cannont withold it.

Thats bullshit.

I worked for RBS. What youre friend probably MEANT was that rbs rank customers in risk terms.

10 is HIGH

1 is LOW

Low risk customers are those earning MASSIVE ammounts of money, and thus dont need any credit, loans, morgages etc. High risk is people who've defaulted loans, morgages or are with outside bodies e.g. greg pennington. The BEST clients to sell loans/credit to are around a 7, medium risk but still NEED credit.

Charges CAN be refunded, but dependant on track history e.g. have u been charged numerous times and always had them refunded? Charges are refunded at the employees discretion and thus if seen to be refunding far too many your job position may be questioned. It's a case of looking at the charges impartially and seeing if you believe them to be fair.

Also where LLoydstsb are saying some of the data cannot be given because it is help on a micro fiche (sp) she says you are entitled to this information and they cannont withold it.

She's correct in saying this, the data protection act states a customer can require ANY information on file regarding themselves.

I had an excellent credit rating up untill Feb/March last year. I had a LloydsTsb select account and a Business account. My charges go back to the 5 years previous. Lloyds Tsb NEVER refunded any of my charges as a goodwill gesture, not even the first time. Please don't swear at me i find it offensive!

My firend used to work for the Woolwich and provided you weren't always being charged they would refund thee charge incurred. When my friend worked there it was 2 refunds a year don't know if it is still the same but it seems quite reasonable

Heaven helps those who help themselves

Scans better in English - but then most things do.

in reply to the above on banks working on bonuses ,a barclays call centre worker rang in to gmtv this morning and said for every charge they dont refund they are given a bonus,obviously not in their interests to refund then

[/u]

Bugger - I've been taking French lessons for bloody ages too.

(My partners family live in Switzerland and their kids (4 and 7) speak fluent English, French, German and a little Romanschc (sp))

It makes me feel very small.

Don't bother trying Thai Dave or you will have problems lol :D

I remember listening to a family conversation between my Swiss cousins in which the wife asked her husband a question in French, he said something to his daughter in German and she replied in Italian. I think they were just shoiwng off.

I remember listening to a family conversation between my Swiss cousins in which the wife asked her husband a question in French, he said something to his daughter in German and she replied in Italian. I think they were just shoiwng off.

My son does this with his Thai girlfriend who is over here for a few months at the mo. They speak in half Thai half English and when my son realiased i understand perfectly what they are saying in Thai they switched to fillipino lol

It means that now you can.

• 4 weeks later...

Pity you don't have much comment from those who actually work in Banks. All I've read so far is "a friend of mine used to work in ....." or " I USED to....."

I do currently work for a Bank, albeit not your regular High Street Bank. I know you'll have heard this before but did you read what you were signing up for? No, I thought not. The consumer never does, then cries "foul" when it all goes pear- shaped. Whether the terms and conditions are/were unfair or not, you are all grown-ups and can legally enter into a contract. If you signed without reading, and I'll bet this applies to 99% of you, what can I say?

At the end of the day, the Banks have a responsibility to their shareholders to return a profit - a fact of life of any large PLC. How it is made, from the shareholders perspective, is irrelevant, so if "fair" charges are implemented, and this impacts on the bottom line, profits will have to be made elsewhere. Whether this is by reduced returns on customer investments or the end of "free" banking - how does a £100 annual charge for your credit/debit card or a £0.50 charge for every cheque written sound?( Cheques: out-dated and another source of customer complaint, although customers seem happy enough with 3 day clearing when paying for groceries by cheque in Tescos a couple of days before payday!)

The Public has no idea what Banks have to do in terms of providing a service, fraud prevention, etc, etc. Try a couple of Google searches: Basel II, Sarbanes-Oxley, Corporate Governance, Anti-Money Laundering, Data Protection, Banking Anti-fraud and have a look at the FSA web site, not to mention the IT issues. The Good Fairy doesn't pay for it all!

All this and "treating the customer fairly". Have you ever worked with the public?? If you have then you know how hard it can be, a good few of them make a hobby out of complaining and, of course, are ALWAYS right!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks