Facebook Marketplace Scammed by seller

WarrenBuffet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, it's been awhile since I have been on the boards but alas again I am seeking your advice.

Was on marketplace (Facebook) and noticed a torque wrench for sale, it was a  good quality snap on and it was at a very attractive price. (Yes I know).

I am in N. Ireland and the seller in Blackpool, England. Entered into negotiation with seller and he agreed to post as long as I paid postage. I agreed and made payment (my 1st mistake) by bank transfer and immediately after making payment he "left the conversation"

This alarmed me but I decided to give benefit of doubt and await postage. I have his name, address and telephone number and rang him and he confirmed but was him so I relaxed and awaited postage.

The very next day, I noticed he had blocked me so I called him again but this time he denied he was the guy he had said he was the day before.

So at this point the scam alert was in full swing in my head and I called my bank who identified it as a "Push Scam" and they said they would approach his bank and try and get my money back. I asked if they could reverse the payment and bill him for the pleasure and was told no as I had made a transfer and not paid with card.

I rang the guy and left a message telling him I had contacted my bank, they were pursuing the money and I had his name, address and telephone number and asked him why he had scamned using all his details?

Contacted action Fraud and gave them all his details and then received message from my bank. My bank told me that they had asked his bank for my money but he had already withdrawn it and the case is now closed!!!!!

So, today after being messed around with text messages, I get a call back telling me he was sorry, but "tough shit"! and he laughed at me and put the phone down.

I have been scammed, I know I was stupid in doing bank transfer but I have paid this way before and have had good experience with good people, why is it that one low life can destroy any trust we have in others?

Any recommendations on how I can give this low life some of his just desserts?