Fixed Penalty Notice - urinating in a park - incorrect name

UKP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I hope that all is well.

I know of a friend who received an FPN for urinating in a park area who, despite me constantly reminding him, has not paid the fine as of yet. 

When I looked at the actual ticket, he was given 14 days to pay the £150 fine...and if paid within 10 days, it would have been reduced to  £100. 

He has gone beyond both 10 and 14 days..and has since received a reminder notice last week giving him an additional 7 days to make payment, which he has still not adhered to either., so will he receive a summons at this point?

Also, when he was issued the fine, he did not give his accurate name. 

On the ticket, his first name is actually his middle name...and his last name on the ticket is his real first name.

For example, using an illustration, if his name was John Andrew Doe, on the ticket it appears as Andrew John, with no mention of Doe, as his real last name.

If he receives a court summons, will this also be an added concern, when he attends the hearing?

Thanks in advance for your response.

who gave him the FPN?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Fixed Penalty Notice - urinating in a park - incorrect name

Hi.

I've chosen a council website at random, this tells you what happens if the FPN isn't paid.

https://www.woking.gov.uk/environmental-services/fixed-penalty-notices-fpns

I'm not a legal expert but I would think not having the exact name may not be a barrier to prosecuting your friend.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi honeybee13,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have forwarded that link to him, for further reference.

In regards to this part:  '' Please note that it is an offence to fail to give your name or give a false address to an authorised officer when asked and you could be prosecuted for failing to give these details.'' ....only his first and middle names were given as 'first and last' names...while his actual surname was not given at all, so would that be handled as a separate issue to prosecute...or would that all fall within the attempt to prosecute based on a failure to pay the FPN?

Thanks in advance for your response.

• 1 month later...

Hi. A bit late, but I used to be an Environmental Protection Officer and enforced such issues. 

Several things, 1,giving the incorrect name but the correct address is just plain dumb! If you are going to lie, then lie properly. 

Secondly, there are several offences at play your friend could be guilty of, from defacing property through to public exposure. 

Third, if the council are worth their salt, they will interview your friends family under caution in order to identify him, s108 of the Environment Act allows an authority to require that a person incriminate someone in their enquiries or face prosecution. Themself. 

Tell your friend to pay the upper limit, I guarantee you if they haven't begun legal proceedings and served a summons, then they will accept the money. If they prosecute they get none. If they fine, then they keep the money. 

Lastly, tell your friend to piss somewhere more discrete next time.