IKEA - Total Incompetence & Horrendous Customer Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a sofa bed from Ikea which was delivered to my son's address in Plymouth.

Unfortunately the mattress had a hole in it, and they didn't have a replacement mattress in stock, so we had to wait 6 weeks for one to be delivered.

Come the day of the expected delivery I received a notification from DPD that they were delivering it to my Redruth address rather than my son's address in Plymouth.

After an hour of trying I managed to get hold of a customer service agent on web chat and asked him to re-direct the delivery to Plymouth and ensure that no-one turned up in Redruth to collect the damaged mattress as it was in Plymouth. He promised me that everything would be sorted.

This morning an irate delivery driver turned up at my address in Redruth to collect the mattress, and I have received notification that the mattress is back out for delivery to Redruth.

I contacted Ikea again to ask what was going on and after another hour of explaining myself was told there was nothing they can do and I will just have to refuse delivery of the mattress (despite the fact that they managed to stop the delivery yesterday).

The agent also refused to put me in touch with a manager and just gave me the standard customer care number to call so I could start all over again explaining what my problem is - their website is currently advising a wait of 45 minutes to be connected!

I cannot believe that I have now received this email!

Dear Customer,  
Your order is still with DPD, DPD did attempt delivery.  
DPD are advising that the delivery was signed and refused by SHARM.
As this is not your signature, please visit the DPD Website or you can use the app directly, to action what is suitable for you, using your DPD Reference number: ...... .

Should you wish to contact Ikea directly please call on 0203 645 0000. 

Kind Regards,
IKEA.

Stefania
Customer Services Team 07
IKEA Customer Service

This email is from IKEA Ltd (Company Number 01986283) a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office address is at 7th Floor, 100 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 1FH, United Kingdom. IKEA VAT Number: 527 7733 20.

For IKEA use only. Please don't modify anything below this line.