Coronavirus and health and safety

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all

My wife works at a school and they had their preparation meeting for next year, in this they were told that neither pupils nor teachers would be allowed to wear a facemask

My wife queried this as she is on the clinically vulnerable list and she is looking after a special needs child who is also extremely vulnerable due to health needs but also has special needs as well and will spit/sneeze/put fingers in mouth  (his and hers) etc

She's been told extremely forcibly (to the point of coming home in tears) that this isn't an issue and that she will still not be allowed to wear a mask

She's upset over this to the point of wanting to leave the job as coronavirus would be not only a big risk to her but most likely deadly to the child and she's worried about it passing either way

My first thoughts were that she needs to ask for a risk assessment, she has one from 2 months ago where they list as clinically vulnerable and the "solution" is to keep her in the staffroom but they have obviously decided that this will not be happening next term

They have said she can have a bag of antiseptic wipes, hand gel etc to clean down after the child however she will have to provide this herself

Any thoughts past asking to see a new risk assessment 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

New risk assessment, and most importantly, guidance from her union. They will have been researching this thoroughly.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks she will ask for a new risk assessment 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: