2017 Father wanted holiday vaccinations from GP - closed - went to chemist - given flu jab - 3yrs later father has dementia

Purpleflowers 2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father went to his gp surgery late 2017 to ask for overseas vaccinations for the middle east, the surgery was too busy, they told him go to the local chemist shop to ask them for the vacinnation. My father went to the chemist after leaving the gp surgery explained he was going to the middle east for 2 weeks and instead of giving my father the correct vaccination for the middle east the chemist shop gave my father the flu jab which has caused incredible problems

My father returned home explained what happened, I was angry the chemist did this but at the time it was winter so I thought maybe thats why they gave the flu injection but in the back of my mind I was angry.

In the same week a few days later my father abroad and ended up getting serously ill a few days into his holiday, got taken to a hospital for a few days put on a drip

On his return back to the UK the same day he arrived it was obvious he was unwell so I made an out of hours appointment for him, where he was giving antibiotics.

A few days after his return to the UK it became obvious that something had happened to him mentally as he would now swear now and again for no obvious reason.

I did at the time think it maybe it was something to do with the flu jab he had received from the chemist a few days before flying out of the uk to holiday as lots of people have become ill 7-10 days after taking the flu jab (my father got ill within 7 days of his holiday) and it can cause mental problems in elderly people

My father was 100% before taking the flu jab

This has now unfortunately developed to dementia

I want to ask will the chemist shop have a record of the injection they gave my father if i ask them? they should shouldn't they, I mean you can't just walk into a chemist shop ask for holiday vaccinations and the chemist give you the flu jab instead?

Surely they has to be a something documented and a procedure in place to have everything docuemented and cctv of the day?

hi

i've not taken this up with anybody since late 2017 when this happened but with the forums help i intend to

my father was good health before taking the flu jab only after taking the flu jab did he get ill a few days into his holiday in hospital and when he came back he was mentally not the same

This is what I have found online on flu jabs they contain several suspect ingredients, including the carcinogen formaldehyde, and many contain mercury in the form of thimerosal.

https://www.newsmax.com/Health/Headline/flu-shots-vaccine-thimerosal/2014/11/20/id/608614/

how should I go writing a letter to the chemist to ask for a record of what injection they gave my father in 2017 and if they come back claiming there is no record then what?

Edited by Purpleflowers 2

• dx100uk changed the title to 2017 Father wanted holiday vaccinations from GP - closed - went to chemist - given flu jab - 3yrs later father has dementia

Both my parents had dementia in their later years, my mother with Alzheimer's, my father with frontotemporal lobe dementia. It upset me enormously to see how it changed them. I joined dementia support groups and learnt quite a lot about dementia. And one thing I am sure about is that dementia is not caused by flu jabs. There is simply no known connection and reading internet posts about flu jabs containing formaldehyde is just going to frustrate you with theories that are nonsense. Nothing in the link you posted about flu jabs says anything about flu jabs causing dementia.

I expect someone here can advise you how to find out from the chemist what flu jab they gave to your father. But why, how will it help you to know that? Whatever the chemist did it didn't cause your father to get dementia.

Sorry to be blunt, but as someone who has been there with parents who got dementia my advice to you is to stop trying to find out "who gave my father dementia" and focus on how you are going to support him. No-one "gave" your father dementia. That isn't how dementia happens.

Edited by Ethel Street

Your father went to the chemist, explained that he was going to XXXXXX in the Middle East, and asked the chemist to give him whatever the required vaccinations are for such a journey (because his GP was too busy) and instead, the chemist gave him a 'flu' jab? 

How does your father know this? 

Did the chemist say "Sorry - I haven't got the required jabs for XXXXXX, but I'll give you a 'flu' jab instead."  

Why didn't your father say "No.  I don't want a 'flu' jab.  I want a travel vaccination for XXXXXX in the Middle East"?

Sorry if I sound sceptical, but I'm a former NHS manager and I find it difficult to believe that a registered pharmacist in the community would do that.

Of course if they had, I'd be complaining to their professional body.  And if they injected your father with a 'flu' jab without his consent, I'd say they'd committed an assault.

Concerning any links between 'flu' jabs and dementia, I'm afraid I know nothing.

EDIT  Cross-posted with Ethel Street.  I too find it difficult to believe there's any connection - otherwise we wouldn't be advising older people to get a 'flu' jab, would we?

• Like 1

looking back on at least one of the threads, one of the usernames (LW) had been posting on a thread (L’s thread about their grandmother, with initial events in 2014, first raised in 2017, but with no sign of anything being done....) as if they were a different person.

In all the linked one’s I recall, the OP would give masses of details, and ask for CAG to write a letter for them, but not actually draft a letter themselves despite any / all input.

Shocked, I am, I can tell you .....

OP, do we know what the NHS has done to you (so that you can sue, or write a letter of complaint), that has caused you to develop this multiple personality disorder?

Have you (or has anyone else) ever seen Layla, lilywhite and Purpleflowers together at the same time? 😜

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s all a bit unusual really. Firstly, vaccines haven’t used thimerosal since at the latest 2011 https://fullfact.org/online/thiomersal-mercury-vaccines/

Again, we’re several years down the track with another matter involving another person making, to my mind, the third such complaint from Layla/PF. 

I’m interested to learn more about how OP feels they’ve been able to pin down a vaccination as the sole cause of their father’s ill health and not the countless other potential causes. 

All the advice that could possibly be given about actually making a complaint is there on the other two threads so I don’t hold out much hope that this one won’t go the same way I’m afraid. 

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

• 2 weeks later...

can you say what the serious illness he contracted abroad was?

Antibiotics deal with bacterial infections, not viruses and the immune reaction some people get after a flu jab can never be described as "getting ill"

I think you have managed to conflate 2 totally separate things into a third problem.

Also, you have no right to ask the doctors or chemist anything, patient confidentiality comes into play unless you want to get a lawyer to start the paperwork to make your father a ward of the court of protection and then get them to allow you to be his representative you will continue quite correctly to be rebuffed..

It’s sad really, there’s some stuff going on here - whether it’s a very elaborate and long-play trolling/catfish attempt or there’s something less pleasant. I hope the OP, whoever they may be finds peace. 

• Like 1

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.