Landlord Dispute Deposit DPS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We have rented a house for the last 3 years and have always paid the rent on time.

However, the landlord has not been doing any repairs so we served him notice to end the tenancy.

I have now discovered when he registered the deposit with the DPS, that he had not done so correctly.

Basically, The tenancy agreement is in his Limited Companies name yet the deposit is in his personal name. he had also not registered both of the tenants names with the DPS, only mine.

I spoken to the DPS and they confirmed the errors. I then said, well if the deposit is not registered correctly then surely they have no legal bases to hold on to the deposit and must return it to me immediately of which they refused.

DPS said, i have to request the refund (Already done) wait 14 days for the landlord to respond, if no response, i have to complete a form get it witnessed by a Solicitor and then wait another 14 days for the landlord to respond. if no response then i get the deposit back.

Can i have some advise please?

• AndyOrch changed the title to Landlord Dispute Deposit DPS