Sussex Police not returned Licence after fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year I received a speeding fine, and had to send off my driving license which was not received back.

Around 3 weeks ago I had to drive up to Ilford in London via the Dartford Crossing.  #

I had to collect face masks for my local church that were delivery food parcels.

I received a speeding ticket - so annoying! Ive gone to fill in the form and realised that I have not received back my licence from the previous one.

I must sound like a terrible speeding driver but Im absolutely not I have a old Nissan Micra thats like hairdryer!

These two times iv'e been on roads that i'm not all familiar with and these roads surprisingly have much lower speeds than youd expect for 3 lane motorways!

It sounds like another lost document by DVLA. There are loads of them – too many for it not to be the fault of DVLA.

Frankly you will be hitting your head against a brick wall if you try to challenge them. Best thing to do is simply log it as a lost licence and get a new one and pay whatever fee is required.

In future, try not to forget – and sorry, but you probably need to do something about awareness of speed limits. I think making assumptions about three lane roads/motorways is unhelpful – as you are finding out. A bit expensive

Please, we are the United Kingdom, so it is LICENCE.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

You may face some difficulty with your latest infringement.

Assuming you are eligible for a fixed penalty, one of the conditions if you choose to accept it is that you must submit your licence along with your £100. If you are unable to you will face court action. 

You should apply for a replacement licence asap. You will have 28 days to accept the offer and you may be lucky and get a new licence in that time (provided you apply online). If you do face court action you can remind the court that they have guidance which says this:

"Where a penalty notice could not be offered or taken up for reasons unconnected with the offence itself, such as administrative difficulties outside the control of the offender, the starting point should be a fine equivalent to the amount of the penalty and no order of costs should be imposed. The offender should not be disadvantaged by the unavailability of the penalty notice in these circumstances."

So you should still be subject only to a fine of £100. It's a while since I've seen a S172 notice (asking you to provide driver's details) and I cannot recall whether it asks for the driver's licence number. If it does do you know it?

• dx100uk changed the title to Sussex Police not returned Licence after fine

bing done

dx

On 22/05/2020 at 20:11, Gick said:

Please, we are the United Kingdom, so it is LICENCE.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...