Working abroad but still living in UK - want Loan/Mortgage payment Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, 

I am presently working for an Offshore company, which is based in Denmark, but I am working in Holland (LOA and Contract is Danish) 

The company has just recently made around 200-300 Offshore redundancies and about 170 Onshore, to balance the books, and due to Rigs being stacked and contracts not being renewed.  

We (our Rig) is fine just now due to a lot of ongoing work with the Dutch Client, so nothing will happen with us until at least the start if 2021 if anything.

Our work schedule has our Rig fully manned till that time, but...never say never and I am really worried about my Mortgage and Loan Payments should the start of 2021 display the signs of bad things to come.

A few years ago I was working for the same company, but my Contract / LOA was through Guernsey and paying UK Tax and Social Security.

During that time I was able to pay into an Income Protection Insurance plan, this covered my Mortgage, Loan and Credit Cards should the need arise due to redundancy for a period of 12 months only, which I thought was a fantastic safety net should it be required. 

As I’m now not paying into the UK Tax system, and working in Holland but still living in the UK, would anyone know of an Insurance Company which would cover me?

May be a shot in the dark, but thought I would try on here for advise and hope. 

Forgot to mention: 

‘Are there any Insurance Companies anyone has used that don’t care if you pay into the UK Tax Economy but as long as you are a UK Resident?

Hope everyone is starting safe, and thanks. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Working abroad but still living in UK - want Loan/Mortgage payment Insurance