Fixed speed gatso camera

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was travelling through a roadworks with a temporary speed limit of 20mph.

There is a gatso fixed speed camera within the roadworks signposted 40mph.

I mistakenly went past the camera at 35 to 40mph thinking that the 20mph limit is after the camera.

After driving back the temporary 20mph limit is definitely before the 40mph gatso.

Have I been fined?

doubtful.if the camera has always been there...

they wouldn't bother to reassign it's speed limit for the short period of time for the Rworks run its course.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they are going to take action against you they have 14 days from the offence to serve a NIP on the registered keeper of the vehicle.  So if you are the registered keeper you'll know for sure in a couple of weeks (assuming your address details are correct on your car's V5C and any NIP does not go astray in the post).

If you are not the registered keeper (ie you don't hold the V5C because eg it's a company car, or a lease car, or it's on finance) you may not know for several weeks or more.  Any prosecution for speeding must be initiated within six months, so that's the longest you'll need to wait.

If you get a request to identify the driver, you must do so regardless of when you receive it.

FWIW, dx100uk is probably correct and you won't hear any more - but you never know...