UC to be increased But legacy benefits not

tommy456
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tax credits is increased the £1000 a year as well.

Government had already announced changes to benefits rates previously.

http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2019-1077/Proposed_benefit_and_pension_rates_28_Nov_2019.pdf

I should imagine the idea is to try to get as many people to naturally migrate to Universal Credit, rather than the Government having to manage a huge volume.   At the moment, I think UC has almost 3 million claimants and there are about another 5 million on other benefits including tax credits.   

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No Good for those on legacy benefits , we get  woping 40p per Week from April 🙄 UC claimants get £20 extra per week how is this right, as for migration to uc, they are already overwhelmed apparently according to WFR and CAB , So a flurry of legacy claimants trying to get migrated over  is probably the last thing they want ? the DWP  the poor sick and disabled screwed over yet again is what this is

Well if UC sees a tidal wave of people coming over from legacy and they cannot cope, then Government may respond.  Government is making new annoucements every day at the moment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Will have to be some give and take, the UC staff will do their best, but been told the online system is flaky and has been down a fair bit, and is it really still in Beta like it says?  Like Microshaft test it on the client like  Win 10 then when it goes pear shaped shrug.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hopefully, the Government will look at additional help for self employed and also for charities. 

Apparently many self employed are seeing their work completely dry up, as people are not willing to spend money in uncertain times.  Also charities have seen donations fall and will struggle to fund commitments.

Having worked for a major charity that you will have heard of, I remember the subject of reserve funds coming up in the context of donations not being used for the purpose intended, and after a lengthy struggle for information we (employees of the charity) were advised that they had enough reserve funds set aside to keep going for three years if all donations stopped today. I would imagine this applies to most major national charities. The smaller ones not so much.

Edited by Raven1